By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Nicklesbe said:
raidinglarastomb said:

i work for myself and i buy open licenses 50 at a time but i recently bought 8
so waiting to get my cash flow going to buy 50 8.1, and when i said spare i meant you have one that you aint using that is still spare and not piracy bro

It is piracy "bro" no matter how to try to justify it. 

so if im walking on the street and you ask me for a smoke and i give you a smoke is that piracy?

old skool

Around the Network
raidinglarastomb said:
Nicklesbe said:
raidinglarastomb said:

so waiting to get my cash flow going to buy 50 8.1, and when i said spare i meant you have one that you aint using that is still spare and not piracy bro

so if im walking on the street and you ask me for a smoke and i give you a smoke is that piracy?

if that smoke was the product key for software that someone else purchased then yes. See that's basically what piracy is, one person buying something and then giving it away to many people for free. Which is what you are asking for. You are asking for someone else that paid for this product to give you the code for free. If ya want the code you are going to have to A. actually buy the product, or B. Go to where pirates go to get that stuff for free.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

Nicklesbe said:
raidinglarastomb said:
Nicklesbe said:
raidinglarastomb said:

if that smoke was the product key for software that someone else purchased then yes. See that's basically what piracy is, one person buying something and then giving it away to many people for free. Which is what you are asking for. You are asking for someone else that paid for this product to give you the code for free. If ya want the code you are going to have to A. actually buy the product, or B. Go to where pirates go to get that stuff for free.

according to the law in my country if i buy a product its mine, to do as i please bar sell it for profit as my own product, but i can resell it. give it away do as i please. What your saying is if i buy halo 4 for example and give it to my neighbour its pairacy?

old skool

Nahh, dont got a spare. I had like 6 back in uni but I used all of them lolll

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Nahh, dont got a spare. I had like 6 back in uni but I used all of them lolll

thanks anyway bro

old skool

Around the Network
raidinglarastomb said:

according to the law in my country if i buy a product its mine, to do as i please bar sell it for profit as my own product, but i can resell it. give it away do as i please. What your saying is if i buy halo 4 for example and give it to my neighbour its pairacy?

You obviously don't understand the difference between a physical product and digital code. If you buy a game and give it to your neighbor that is not piracy. If you copy the game and give it to your neighbor it is piracy. Ya see when you give away a physical object you relinquesh control of it as well as the ability to use it. If someone else gives you their code, they arn't relinqueshing control of that code. Unless they sell/give you the actual disk with the only copy of code inside. Otherwise it is piracy because they are copying the code and giving it to you. Do you understand? Creating duplicates to give away for free = piracy Relingueshing control of object and giving away the only copy of something = not piracy. It's not complicated.

Nicklesbe said:
raidinglarastomb said:

You obviously don't understand the difference between a physical product and digital code. If you buy a game and give it to your neighbor that is not piracy. If you copy the game and give it to your neighbor it is piracy. Ya see when you give away a physical object you relinquesh control of it as well as the ability to use it. If someone else gives you their code, they arn't relinqueshing control of that code. Unless they sell/give you the actual disk with the only copy of code inside. Otherwise it is piracy because they are copying the code and giving it to you. Do you understand? Creating duplicates to give away for free = piracy Relingueshing control of object and giving away the only copy of something = not piracy. It's not complicated.

yes but if someones buys 50 licenses and gives me one use and they only use 49 its still not piracy

old skool

raidinglarastomb said:
Nicklesbe said:
raidinglarastomb said:

yes but if someones buys 50 licenses and gives me one use and they only use 49 its still not piracy

It is still piracy because what you keep ignoring is the fact that they still have that 1 licence. They just gave you a copy of the licence. They can go back and use it again in the future. They gave you a copy of the licence, that is what makes it piracy.

Nicklesbe said:
raidinglarastomb said:
Nicklesbe said:
raidinglarastomb said:

It is still piracy because what you keep ignoring is the fact that they still have that 1 licence. They just gave you a copy of the licence. They can go back and use it again in the future. They gave you a copy of the licence, that is what makes it piracy.

again the word spare, english is not my first language but i bleieve  it means extra, not in use, or backup, or do i have to study english more

old skool

How do they go back and use the spare key that they gave away if it's in use on another machine? My experience with Windows has been that the key can only be installed on one computer from the editions I've purchased in the past. If the key wasn't installed on a computer, and someone gives away the key, how can the giver use it at the same time as the recipient?