By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Do You Still Think Wii U is Going to Outsell the Xbox One this Holiday?

Who Will Sell more?

Wii U 460 66.86%

Xbox One 228 33.14%

Total:688
Skidmore said:

Microsoft will sell More Xbox...

Nintendo will make more money... Because they will make a lot of profit from their 3Ds, Wii Us software that will sells a lot way more than Xbox Own IPs.

So for a short term the Holidays will be far better for Nintendo, but Microsoft will expand its installed base, which is better for long term.

And Freakin Microsoft doesn't need that much money from the Xbox Brand, any profit its just a Bonus.

youre kidding right? Nintendo hasnt posted a profit since the Wii 1 days

Around the Network
toastboy44562 said:
Skidmore said:

Nintendo will make more money... Because they will make a lot of profit from their 3Ds, Wii Us software that will sells a lot way more than Xbox Own IPs.

So for a short term the Holidays will be far better for Nintendo, but Microsoft will expand its installed base, which is better for long term.

And Freakin Microsoft doesn't need that much money from the Xbox Brand, any profit its just a Bonus.

No, I am not.

Nintendo losses are annual, because the Wii U barely sells thorough the year, and with the software drought, they don't have where to make money.

I said in my post that Holidays will be more profitable for Nintendo than for Microsoft Xbox Division. Because they have more products to where make profit, it will sell a lot of Wii Us, 3Ds, Amibos and Software.

NNID: MagicalLight

FC: 4124 - 5888 - 4804

Skidmore said:
toastboy44562 said:
Skidmore said:

No, I am not.

Nintendo losses are annual, because the Wii U barely sells thorough the year, and with the software drought, they don't have where to make money.

I said in my post that Holidays will be more profitable for Nintendo than for Microsoft Xbox Division. Because they have more products to where make profit, it will sell a lot of Wii Us, 3Ds, Amibos and Software.

Xbox live has more profits than everything nintendo combined. Xbox has been making billions profit since 2008. Nintendo has been losing billions including holiday sales. Period end of discussion.

toastboy44562 said:

Xbox live has more profits than everything nintendo combined. Xbox has been making billions profit since 2008. Nintendo has been losing billions including holiday sales. Period end of discussion.

This have nothing to do with what I said.... But ok Homie.. End of discussion.

NNID: MagicalLight

FC: 4124 - 5888 - 4804

toastboy44562 said:
Skidmore said:
toastboy44562 said:

No, I am not.

toastboy you are really rude and you don't proove anything!what am i saying?you don t proove anything...because you cant proove something untrue!xbox live has more profits than everything nintendo combined?hahhahahaahahah from a company that is 31years in the  home/ 25 years in handheld console market,the company which owns the biggest game franchises mario and pokemon of all time...the queen  of handhelds, the maker of wii 101m and ds 154m ,which almost reached 1billion  software sales each!nintendo started to lose money with the release of wii u which isnt being sold at a loss anymore,and in first months of 3ds...!be careful with what you are saying!nintendo has been losing billions when?...did lose billion with wii and ds...loooool i dont think so,in ds and wii period nintendo had a great stock price 2004-2010!recently,i saw somewhere that nintnedo currently has the lowest loss...!

Around the Network

By my calculations they should get roughly the same sales. Typical first calendar year a console sells the same amount Sept-Dec as it does Jan-Aug. That means possibly 3 million for Xb one for Sept-Dec. Year 2 typically the ratio is 2:1 Sept-Dec vs Jan-Aug. So for Wii, being in its 2nd year is should also do approx 3 million Sept-Dec.

So roughly the same amount of sales.

Also Wii U is currently getting double it's 2013 sales. Sept-Dec for Wii U was 2 million, which means Wii U could be in for a 4 million rather than 3 million Sept-Dec. Considering XB one's global is 2.3 million for the year Jan-Aug it would have to it would have to buck that ~1:1 trend and do almost 2:1 if Wii U is indeed on track for a 4 million Sept-Dec.

Things will be interesting and I'm not prepared to say either console is a dead cert to be number 2 this holidays. I hope it's Wii U. TBH I'd prefer Wii U to be the number 2 this gen.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Wii U would sell more than XBOX One globally. Smash Bros would certainly help that on that holiday. We don't know the exact date but most would say Black Friday and if it is a bundle, that would be great too. MK8 bundle would be a great idea too.