By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Wii for Rahab

http://www.canada.com/edmontonjournal/news/story.html?id=5ff7f35b-e86b-4264-b3e6-19f6b5075928&k=63173

Synopsis: a hospital in edmonton is pioneering the use of Wii games for the rehab of patients with movement and balance issues.

Quote: ""People are addicted to games, but in this case, the addiction is towards a good cause," Burdea said. "Bill Gates (billionaire founder of  Microsoft) would be wise to sponsor this kind of research."

Better off splitting that quote into 1st and 2nd part... since the 2nd part contains soooo much irony, taking into account the xbox and his charity efforts in medical research.

the Wii is an epidemic.

Around the Network

lookes like it will be a while until people stop finding new ways to use the Wii, expecially with Wii musik and health heading our way, I personally think Bill Gates is allready helping enough people, just because he´s the richest man in the world and founder of one of the biggest companys in the world doesn´t mean he has to help everybody or be first to come up with new stuff, better PCs with more complex software are helping enough ill people. Still the first part makes sense, everything seems to work easyer when transformed into a game. 

Interesting. Wii is for Rehab, PS3 is for cancer. What will they use the Xbox360 for? Maybe to start fires?

El Duderino said:
lookes like it will be a while until people stop finding new ways to use the Wii, expecially with Wii musik and health heading our way, I personally think Bill Gates is allready helping enough people, just because he´s the richest man in the world and founder of one of the biggest companys in the world doesn´t mean he has to help everybody or be first to come up with new stuff, better PCs with more complex software are helping enough ill people. Still the first part makes sense, everything seems to work easyer when transformed into a game. 

Just had to give you props for the pic......I love that movie The Big Lebowski

DonWii said:
Interesting. Wii is for Rehab, PS3 is for cancer. What will they use the Xbox360 for? Maybe to start fires?

Nah. Ps3 is used for weight lifting(like the old x-box) and barbeques.360 is replacement for engine jets.

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

Around the Network

Yeah, those are also good second usages.

second?

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"

this will only help the will and its sales. once those people in rehab get better they'll realiz they cant live without the wii AND IT WILL BECOME UNSTOPPABLE!!....ok maybe not that dramatic but anythings possible

Wii ID: 3598-1817-7961-3393. PM me if you want an add

If it wasnt for MGS4, the PS3 is unnecessary