By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Nearing Deal To Purchase Minecraft for $2 Billion CNBC Reports

DerNebel said:
Um, lol.

lol so its fake? 

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
DerNebel said:
Um, lol.

lol so its fake? 

No that tweet is 2 years old.

DerNebel said:
bananaking21 said:
DerNebel said:
Um, lol.

lol so its fake? 

No that tweet is 2 years old.

LOOL

Once again they are pouring money into games they have/are going to inevitably get anyway.

fps_d0minat0r said:
Once again they are pouring money into games they have/are going to inevitably get anyway.

well thats microsoft "adding value" to ya.

Around the Network

I didn't believe it at first but I'm starting to think it's real. RIP Minecraft.

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

Seems a bit late in the game to be buying minecraft since it's already available on damn near anything with a screen that doesn't have nintendo on it; especially at that price unless microsoft believes that mojang can grab lightning in a bottle again. That is, of course, if there is any veracity to this report.

People think it´s ease and safe to create a new studio from ground up and create hit franchise.

I don´t think you guys know but Sony didn´t create Naught Dog.

If Microsoft has the money and they plan to make the franchise soar higher (see Lego the Movie) I see no problem.

Wonder how many new studios that could form? From a gamer perspective this definitely has no value for us...

Business wise I guess that they could make that back long term, especially if they monetised all those minecraft related videos on the web. Of course they must be betting on a Minecraft 2 which will be excluive to Xbox and PC, and the revenue that boost that would bring Xbox One or their next platform.

DerNebel said:
Um, lol.

Well I guess he took the advise of one of his followers, when that person said "ask Bill Gates" lol!