By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Sound issue reported on Kinectless Xbox Ones

They also vary in severity. Some affected units are only moderately annoying, while others sound like a fork stuck in a garbage disposal.

Around the Network

Why are consumers so dumb? Microsoft themselves said time and time again: '' better with kinect''. What did you guys expect? A silent console lol.

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Weird issue, my launch day Xbox One is working alright.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

ethomaz said:
Dark_Feanor said:
Holly hell, my XOne has this terrible problem for almost 8 months and I haven´t noticed!!!

May that is because my notebook is noisier.

You need to contact the Xbox Support to replace your console... most consoles didn't make this noise.

Well, to be honest, it appers it´s not the same problem, if this is a problem at all.

In my case the noise only happens when I go from a digital game to the an other and only for a few seconds. I start noticing after the July update.

MY PS4 is way louder then my X1 on a daily basis.. And my PS4 is WAY louder then that video of the X1 with the "buzzing".. You can hear my PS4 across the room. My X1 is is almost silent. Its the hard drive and the disc player. I just pawned it off to it being so much smaller then the X1. Less box around it to dampen the sound.

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

For these that are curious... that the sound.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/60458917/Audio/Squealing.mp3

If you have this sound you need to contact the Xbox Support but for now people already replaced the console 3 or more times and get fault units yet.

Edit - Video for these that want a YouTube example.

Its so bulky and has a prower brick. But its still having issues. When it comes to ahrdware design Microsoft is really inefficient.

Dark_Feanor said:

Well, to be honest, it appers it´s not the same problem, if this is a problem at all.

In my case the noise only happens when I go from a digital game to the an other and only for a few seconds. I start noticing after the July update.

How is the intensity of the noise? The reporting are saying it is really loud and happen all the time while not gaming (in the dashboard).

There is the possibility to be a update but MS didn't found or reported what is causing it yet.

Most people are not being affected... the thing is getting bigger because some Tier 2 countries received a full batch of Xbones that did have the issue.

cpg716 said:
MY PS4 is way louder then my X1 on a daily basis.. And my PS4 is WAY louder then that video of the X1 with the "buzzing".. You can hear my PS4 across the room. My X1 is is almost silent. Its the hard drive and the disc player. I just pawned it off to it being so much smaller then the X1. Less box around it to dampen the sound.

It is... your Xbone needs to be more silent than PS4 when the fan get working... it is the normal... so you don't have the issue.

The issue is that that "buzzing" is more loud than the PS4 fan at full speed... it is more lound than OG 360 and PS3 by the reports... the cellphone captures is just to give the ideia of the sound.

There is a very easy fix for the kinectless SKU. You can solve the problem by buying the Kinect for 149 euros

/jk

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

@Blood_Tears

If you want to add to the OP the official Xbox Support response to the case.