By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Starcraft Mafia - Game Thread - Concluded

TruckOSaurus said:

Everyone on the Nickelsbe lynch train is suspicious to me (some more than others). I can guarantee there's some Protoss in that group. Protoss players knew Astro was scum and should they have prevailed in switching the lynch over to Nickels they could have easily blamed Nickels' play and said something like "It's better that we know now instead on having suspicions all game".

...Why did you say Protoss and not scum?

Nickles flipped town, not Zerg. That means either Protoss or Zerg could have jumped on his train. Also, the way I remember the events, Nickles was on the lynch block long before Astro became in danger. The order of events doesn't add up.

Ugh, I know my credibilty is shot from yesterDay, but damn this is something worth noting.

Your thoughts, guys?

Around the Network
Sparks said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Everyone on the Nickelsbe lynch train is suspicious to me (some more than others). I can guarantee there's some Protoss in that group. Protoss players knew Astro was scum and should they have prevailed in switching the lynch over to Nickels they could have easily blamed Nickels' play and said something like "It's better that we know now instead on having suspicions all game".

...Why did you say Protoss and not scum?

Nickles flipped town, not Zerg. That means either Protoss or Zerg could have jumped on his train. Also, the way I remember the events, Nickles was on the lynch block long before Astro became in danger. The order of events doesn't add up.

Ugh, I know my credibilty is shot from yesterDay, but damn this is something worth noting.

Your thoughts, guys?

Astro was Protoss, his Protoss buddies would have wanted to back the other lynch. That's why I'm saying there's Protoss among the Nickels voters.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:

Astro was Protoss, his Protoss buddies would have wanted to back the other lynch. That's why I'm saying there's Protoss among the Nickels voters.

Do you agree with my point about the order of events?

Good lynch folks.
I really dont like that people tried to go after white and then nickels right after I went to bed.
it felt like "ok prof is gone lets push for someone else."
Im going to be rereading that entire part again.
Iirc wink voted astro along with me and supported his lynch, but he is also the one who tried to change the lynch at the end.
I loke cone for not issuing the tying vote.
I like radish for town.
I feel somewhat better about carl, but still not a good read.

Sparks said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Yes, Nickels was in lead first and for the greater part of the Day. Not sure there's much of a point there though.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

I do find it odd he can guarantee there are several on one faction on there. (Unless he's being kind and giving up his buddies)
Even his case against you does show that you were on nickle all day. So hard to call that effort there only trying to save astro

And you're right about the order of events. Most the votes for Nick were before the train really got going on astro. Though Carl's vote as well as yours and mine were after. So I could see where he might see scum. Though knowing he's wrong with me I can also see what he might think is an easy set up

TruckOSaurus said:
Sparks said:

Yes, Nickels was in lead first and for the greater part of the Day. Not sure there's much of a point there though.

It means it could have been either team. But you said Protoss instead of scum. I just thought it was interesting.

Sparks said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Sparks said:

It means it could have been either team. But you said Protoss instead of scum. I just thought it was interesting.

So you agree there's most probably scum among the people who voted Nickels then. Who do you think they might be?

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:

So you agree there's most probably scum among the people who voted Nickels then. Who do you think they might be?

That's the thing. I really thought Nickles was scum, so I wouldn't blame anyone for voting him, not to mention it'd be hypocritical of me. To me, he looked like the best lynch candidate that Day.

A lot of people joined the wagon, I think he had seven votes at one point, but the one person who sort of stands out is Wonk, with his last minute vote. However, I was impressed with his gambit, since I got a town read on him and Cone from it.

Wonktonodi said:

I'm a bit disapointed with some of your analysis. Multifaction is hardly a slip the flavor and special rules made it pretty clear very early that there were going to be more than one faction, Hit points, the nuke, terran being town.

I just wanted to mention somehting that I forgot to, yesterDay.

At the time of the pre-Day posts, and thus my slip comment involving imp and Carl, some of the flavor text by WoW was yet to be written. I distinctly remember him editing the posts underneath the OP. ie, the part about the bomber, and I think the part about the special rules. I just wanted to be on the same page.

Does anyone remember it better than me?