By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Starcraft Mafia - Game Thread - Concluded

Sparks said:

impertinence said:

So the possible slip you saw is basically just you not reading everything fully? That's a bit disappointing, I was hoping for something a little more substantial.

This was before WoW's post about the perpetrator and bomb. At the time, your post was the first and only mention of zergs/protoss regarding them possibly being mafia. I remember because it was never mentioned by WoW in the OP or thread, and I thought to myself, where did he get that from, then?

I have never played starcraft, but a quick google search of names and sayings in Carls two posts quickly confirmed to me that he is quoting each of the three factions in the game, whic I also learned were protoss and zerg in addition to terran.

As for how I know terran is town and the other two are scum, that is clearly stated in the game setup section of the second post in this very thread. In fact, WoW goes out of his way to specify that terran is the only town faction (indirectly saying protoss and zerg  is not)

Around the Network

(1) Astrogamer - Wonktonodi
(1) bugrimmar - padib
(1) EricFabian - 
Nickelsbe
(2) Nickelsbe - TruckOSaurus, Conegamer

(1) TruckOSaurus - theprof00
(1) WhiteEaglePL - EricFabian

(10) Not Voting - Astrogamer, bugrimmar, Carl2291, Fusioncode, impertinence, radishhead, spurgeonryan, Sparks, WhiteEaglePL, Wright

With 17 alive, it takes 9 to lynch.

Countdown to Night 1:  http://itsalmo.st/#night1

Please PM me if there's an issue with the vote count.

impertinence said:
Wonktonodi said:

I'm not a fan of bringing up past games beyond small references, but I dislike it even more when things are brought up wrong. impertinence you got two things wrong from references to last game. Carl wasn't playing and they did have daytalk

As for day talk or no day talk, I suggest you read posts more carefully and you'll find that I never said they had daytalk in the last game, in fact I said just the opposite.

I suggest you read my post and things in generally more carefully. I know you said they didn't have daytalk last game. That's why I called you out because they did( at least while nickels was alive)

but enough of last game it wasn't something that big

wait, I am dead now? o.o

Click HERE and be happy 

And reasons for vote?

Justice
or
Instincts?

or maybe because I don't trust anyone? or else?

Click HERE and be happy 

Around the Network
Wonktonodi said:

I suggest you read my post and things in generally more carefully. I know you said they didn't have daytalk last game. That's why I called you out because they did( at least while nickels was alive)

i agree that last game is not very relevant, but if mafia had day talk in that game, i completely missed it which is worrysome since there was a fair amount of talk about it. If i got it backwards that's obviously a wake up call for this game to pay proper attention. That I got your post mixed up is just further proof. It's disappointing because I consider myself to be fairly observant, perhaps a more humble approach is called for.

padib said:

Confirming in!

My overall early thoughts, I'll bring up links to strengthen my posts when time permits, my schedule is booked through the roof right now.

Carl - Dismantling of Nickles' play on prof gives strong town read. Basically Nickles is saying that he was following prof's insight, but then goes on to say "oh prof was just joking." I found it inconsistent.

Impertinence - So far I find imp investigative and thoughtful, but my early feel is that he might be trying to get on town's good sides as scum. Adding to my doubts, his mention of 3 factions being in the game is worrisome, as far as I knew we had a factory and a single possible malevolent terran ghost. The other faction(s) (you can be sure I'm not going to follow prof in his assumption that there is no scum faction, that's crazy talk) could be one single malevolent terran force for all we know. WoW is known to mess with us in flavor (flying creatures ended up being of indeterminate faction last game), so I'm not going to start assuming that protoss, zerg and terran factions are all in the game. It's possible, but to assume it is another step. I also found his doubts on Carl's SC quotes post to be weak.

Nickles  - I found his inconsistent play. If it were townie play, it's not going to be good for town. Nickles, if you think your play will help us find scum, I think you're making a mistake. I do like that you're trying to mess with scum, but it's always caused us more harm than good. Look at what happened to Sparks last game.

Trucks  - I like his asking for protection toNight and I agree that the medics should protect him. I could be wrong, but I think that him pulling that stunt can only make things harder for scum. Could other vets chime in on this?

On the other hand, I'm not sure I liked how he make Nickles look bad on what looked to me as  just poor townie play. You could argue that RCT had more reason to play the defeated, but Nickles explained that he wanted to play tricks on mafia. I felt like it was too easy to jump on him for that.

Prof - Less active this game, but I understand why. It's not a scum tell to me. And I'm glad he will be a little more observant this game, I'm excited to see other players stand out.

Wright - No tells so far, I am also looking forward to his play, given the little we saw of him last game.

Cone - So far I'm getting a bit of a scummy vibe off, but nothing more. And no it's not tunneling due to my recent ban :P (oh spurge! ) If you want reasons I don't have any. Like I said it's just an early day 1 vibe.

Wonk - Says day 1 is fluffy but then is getting a scan target. I'm not sure I understand the reasoning behind calling day 1 fluffy. It's always been the most helpful day in my short experience in seeing who sides with who and who makes flimsy cases early on. No major suspicion here but I do think Day 1 is super-important in this game.

Other players - Waiting for more posts to analyze.

I called it mostly fluffy because there is often the meet and great, the introduction often times lost of early humous and joke votes and then layer upon layer of things called suspicious then people called suspicious for findning the "wrong" things suspicious. frequently the discussion often just being lynch or no lynch. In all the games I recall I don't remember scum found on day one and more often then not it's just a day for townies to tear into one another.

Also in games with scum daytalk there isn't even the benefit of scum not being unprepared witha plan before the day starts since they can react as a team to anything.

Though I agree this game it's more important we have a total number of days deadline, so I think the fluffiness ended early :)

EricFabian said:
And reasons for vote?

Justice
or
Instincts?

You arn't dead yet. My vote on you is part instinct and part curiosity. I know a few of us want to know why you voted for white, and it's strange that you do not give your reasons for doing so. If for nothing else my vote is an attempt to get straight answers from you, or cuase a slip if you are guilty.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

Nicklesbe said:
EricFabian said:
And reasons for vote?

Justice
or
Instincts?

You arn't dead yet. My vote on you is part instinct and part curiosity. I know a few of us want to know why you voted for white, and it's strange that you do not give your reasons for doing so. If for nothing else my vote is an attempt to get straight answers from you, or cuase a slip if you are guilty.

I'm not guilty

Click HERE and be happy 

impertinence said:
Wonktonodi said:

i agree that last game is not very relevant, but if mafia had day talk in that game, i completely missed it which is worrysome since there was a fair amount of talk about it. If i got it backwards that's obviously a wake up call for this game to pay proper attention. That I got your post mixed up is just further proof. It's disappointing because I consider myself to be fairly observant, perhaps a more humble approach is called for.

humility is a very good thing in this game. Big ego's get lost in themselves