By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Starcraft Mafia - Game Thread - Concluded

theprof00 said:
I wonder if the Templars were able to fuse.
when I first read that astro was one half of a dark Templars, I mistook it for one half of an archon.
then I was really surprised we got the second half.
Wouldve been interesting if dts were able to fuse and gain an abolity in exchange for becoming siblings.

I think you'll find Astro was one half of a dark Templar because Spacemarine Erin cut him in half with the door. I saw it as a humerous flavor twist just like how Sparks was backed over by Erin's truck.

Around the Network

Yes I only realized that today after thinking about the flavor again.

About the logic, im glad you see my point that there are missing axioms (thanks to the word help)
But it still doesn't answer the question Why you dont consider them to be power roles.
you used the term modifiers, which follows logically, but im not sure that those are all modifiers.
the shield one is, and possibly the s timpack (except iirc he sia it allows him to attack) and the commuter role.
commuter is not a modifier.

theprof00 said:

About the logic, im glad you see my point that there are missing axioms (thanks to the word help)
But it still doesn't answer the question Why you dont consider them to be power roles.
you used the term modifiers, which follows logically, but im not sure that those are all modifiers.
the shield one is, and possibly the s timpack (except iirc he sia it allows him to attack) and the commuter role.

The stim grants me additional attack power but doesn't allow me to attack unless I get attacked. Also, I'm not sure where this discussion is headed and I'm fairly certain it won't help us find the Nuker.

Signature goes here!

But yes, I can now see why you'd think I should have a name...but only if I take you at your word that you believed those roles are all simple modifiers.
However, it would make sense now that dark templars do not have names, as ninja is indeed a modifier as well.
If trucks simply gained doublevoter, that would also be a modifier, and bulletproof variant is also a modifier.

Still doesn't explain the commuter, which is not a modifier but a power role which needs to be used as an action. Unless he's ALWAYS commuting though, which would make him a modifier. However, he has implied that he uses the ability and not that it's used for him.

TruckOSaurus said:
theprof00 said:

The stim grants me additional attack power but doesn't allow me to attack unless I get attacked. Also, I'm not sure where this discussion is headed and I'm fairly certain it won't help us find the Nuker.

So you were attacked and now you can attack? DId you use your stim already?

The discussion is fine because it's helped me see where impertinence is coming from. I think it's valuable to know how and why impertinence made certain assumptions.

As for the nuker, it's likely either spurge or eric.

Around the Network

vote Eric

theprof00 said:

The discussion is fine because it's helped me see where impertinence is coming from. I think it's valuable to know how and why impertinence made certain assumptions.

From the second post of the game:

When combat occurs ( through some nightly abilities ), the two units that are fighting will exchange blows.  Each unit will deal its Atk value in damage to their opponent reduced by the opponent's Def value.  So if a unit with 20 Atk deals damage to a unit with 10 Def, the defender takes 10 damage ( 20 - 10 ).

Combat will usually only contain one exchange of "fire."  You shoot them, they shoot you, someone either dies or both parties walk away.

If you are attacked and survive, you will be notified that you were attacked.

So when I was attacked last night, whoever targetted me did X amount of damage according to his attack power but I also fired at him with my own attack power. 

To answer your question, yes I did use my Stim on Night One, it was the reason I asked for healing during Day One since I knew for a fact that I was going to lose hit points due to my use of the Stim Pack.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
theprof00 said:

From the second post of the game:

When combat occurs ( through some nightly abilities ), the two units that are fighting will exchange blows.  Each unit will deal its Atk value in damage to their opponent reduced by the opponent's Def value.  So if a unit with 20 Atk deals damage to a unit with 10 Def, the defender takes 10 damage ( 20 - 10 ).

Combat will usually only contain one exchange of "fire."  You shoot them, they shoot you, someone either dies or both parties walk away.

If you are attacked and survive, you will be notified that you were attacked.

So when I was attacked last night, whoever targetted me did X amount of damage according to his attack power but I also fired at him with my own attack power. 

To answer your question, yes I did use my Stim on Night One, it was the reason I asked for healing during Day One since I knew for a fact that I was going to lose hit points due to my use of the Stim Pack.

This would make sense considering toss have dts. If they attacked at night, they wouldn't receive damage since they are invisible. Unless you are a detector, you wouldn't be able to hit back.
DTs in starcraft also do a huge amount of damage.

If you were attacked by a DT, I'm surprised you're alive, since they have one of the highest damage outputs in the game for land units. They are also extremely effective against flesh targets.

theprof00 said:

This would make sense considering toss have dts. If they attacked at night, they wouldn't receive damage since they are invisible. Unless you are a detector, you wouldn't be able to hit back.
DTs in starcraft also do a huge amount of damage.

If you were attacked by a DT, I'm surprised you're alive, since they have one of the highest damage outputs in the game for land units. They are also extremely effective against flesh targets.

i'm at full health currently so I had help in staying alive.

Signature goes here!

Wonktonodi said:
vote Eric

why?

Click HERE and be happy