By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 is getting 4 major AAA enjoyments in the next 5 months

Xenostar said:
Cobretti2 said:
Driveclub is hardly AAA until it proves itself. Will make that decision when I play.

Order 1886 has had some bad previews on it, so will wait and see.

LBP3 should be fun.

Bloodborne again unproven.

Oh please let the rest of us know, once youve decided for everyone if they are AAA or not, we wait patiently. 

Yes because I am speaking for everyone here. /end sarcasm

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:

Money alone does not make a game AAA. Examples of games that had AAA budgets but failed Haze and Lair.

It doesn't matter if the game fails or not. Money alone does make a game AAA.

It's just a term to name high-budget games. Wether they succeed or not, it all goes on the game, but not on the fact that it is AAA.

Wright said:
Cobretti2 said:

Money alone does not make a game AAA. Examples of games that had AAA budgets but failed Haze and Lair.

It doesn't matter if the game fails or not. Money alone does make a game AAA.

Yes, this. The word has nothing to do with quality. Same goes for any of the other terms like mid-tier, AA, indie, etc.

Fusioncode said:
Imaginedvl said:
Fusioncode said:
Wright said:

Didn't know Little Big Planet 3 is AAA :O

Zero hype for Driveclub, but I'm interested in LBP, Bloodborne and The Order, so this is nice.

Why wouldn't it be? I'm honestly curious because people keep saying this but never provide an actual reason.

Well the opposite is also true... You keep coming with your "AAA" thing without giving any definition of it. Looks like for a many people Drive Club/LBP are not AAA based on their own understanding of a AAA. You created this thread so maybe instead of responding useless things like "Not it is a ABC", you should provide a clear definition of what is a AAA? 

What understanding of AAA? I keep asking you for a definition because you're the one adament that the game isn't AAA. So for the last time, please explain to me why LBP3 or Driveclub are not AAA?

Well you started the thread stating it was AAA, not I :)
Anyway, based on my definition, those are not AAA. And telling what is my definition will not change anything. But at least if you posted your definition in the OP you would not get people telling that it is not (which what you complained about). That's the point. I'm not even trying to convince you that you are right or wrong.

Fusioncode said:
Imaginedvl said:
Fusioncode said:
Wright said:

Didn't know Little Big Planet 3 is AAA :O

Zero hype for Driveclub, but I'm interested in LBP, Bloodborne and The Order, so this is nice.

Why wouldn't it be? I'm honestly curious because people keep saying this but never provide an actual reason.

Well the opposite is also true... You keep coming with your "AAA" thing without giving any definition of it. Looks like for a many people Drive Club/LBP are not AAA based on their own understanding of a AAA. You created this thread so maybe instead of responding useless things like "Not it is a ABC", you should provide a clear definition of what is a AAA? 

What understanding of AAA? I keep asking you for a definition because you're the one adament that the game isn't AAA. So for the last time, please explain to me why LBP3 or Driveclub are not AAA?

If it sells for more than $39.99 when it release it's AAA in my book ... Once you own a PS4 or Xbox One, the ps3 and Xbox 360 are irrelevant  .... Exclusive game are game that aren't release on the other console. Time exclusive are exclusive plant vs zombie sold 240k XBO vs 40k on ps4.

Around the Network

AAA term means big budget in the industry, saying "hardly AAA until it proves itself" just doesn't make sense. As for us gamers, we don't really know the budgets of most projects, so we make our judgment on how ambitious the game is / seems to be. Good graphics, new ideas, the scale, animations, story telling, music ... everything really.

I will get The Order and Bloodborne day one, I will also get Driveclub at some point even though I'm not into driving games, I just want to support the dedication of the developing studio.

estebxx said:
why do people forget about GUILTY GEAR XRD SIGN.... it looks GREAT.

So glad that I'm not the only person who's excited about this game. The art and 3D rendering looks phenomenal! :D

Bloodborne is the most interesting ps4 exclusive (AAA) they have coming in the next 5 months. I'm sure it will be an excellent game but I can't say the same about the others.

I hope the order turns out to be decent.

LBP and DC can't be in the same category in opinion.

Bloodborne looks amazing and is my most anticipated title. The Order has a really cool design so want to play that. Little Big Planet is tons of fun to play with a friend. Looks like a good few months to me.

Awesome. I hope Order 1886 doesn't get delayed again

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018