By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: WII U Will Still be Ahead of XBOX One in 2017

eva01beserk said:
logisticalnightmare said

Tell me oh wise one, how many wii us are in Canada? Mexico? Puerto Rico? Brazil? South Africa? India? Spain? Romania? Iceland? Greenland? Ireland? Russia? Oh, you have no information on any of those? You must be talking out of your ass then. Fact is, we get no information on numbers except for the major players. That leaves ALOT of room for error

Are you really asking me that, but not applying it to yours or seece's arguments? Well this just prooves that its pointless to try and make you see a diferent point of view. Do you really think his estimate is better and is not applicable to those errors you mentioned? Tell me from where did seece get those numbers? Did he survey the major markets himself? Is seece able to see mistakes that multy billion dollar companies cant? If so they should hire him right now. 

Im not the one making assuptions here, just denying others wich is much easy. Seece has no way to get that information as well and the number he uses that are available are the same numbers ioi uses to update the site. So there really is no reason I should take his word over the sites word now, is it? Its fine if you do, but be ready for critizisim when you go agaist the most trusted information.

It's pointless talking to you. There is no reliable information out there besides Nintendo's which supports the wii u is massively overtracked. What don't you get? Why do you act like vgc doesn't update numbers or is never wrong? Are you forgetting how far off they were with ps4?

Around the Network
Cyrus said:
To the both who answered to me:
1. Well that the tricky thing, the "WiiU lvl" is not a constant, the thread i mentioned didn't say X1 won't drop below current WiiU sales, but it said it wouldn't drop below WiiU sales!
2.When that thread was posted WiiU sold ~35-40k weekly, so even if we take that number X1 is not too far away from it, one could consider it to be more or less the same lvl.

1. So what you are saying is you lack the ability to put things in context?

2. No.

logisticalnightmare said:
eva01beserk said:
logisticalnightmare said

Tell me oh wise one, how many wii us are in Canada? Mexico? Puerto Rico? Brazil? South Africa? India? Spain? Romania? Iceland? Greenland? Ireland? Russia? Oh, you have no information on any of those? You must be talking out of your ass then. Fact is, we get no information on numbers except for the major players. That leaves ALOT of room for error

Are you really asking me that, but not applying it to yours or seece's arguments? Well this just prooves that its pointless to try and make you see a diferent point of view. Do you really think his estimate is better and is not applicable to those errors you mentioned? Tell me from where did seece get those numbers? Did he survey the major markets himself? Is seece able to see mistakes that multy billion dollar companies cant? If so they should hire him right now. 

Im not the one making assuptions here, just denying others wich is much easy. Seece has no way to get that information as well and the number he uses that are available are the same numbers ioi uses to update the site. So there really is no reason I should take his word over the sites word now, is it? Its fine if you do, but be ready for critizisim when you go agaist the most trusted information.

It's pointless talking to you. There is no reliable information out there besides Nintendo's which supports the wii u is massively overtracked. What don't you get? Why do you act like vgc doesn't update numbers or is never wrong? Are you forgetting how far off they were with ps4?

Indeed. It's quite simple and straightforward. You can prove WiiU is overtracked by their shipment figures end of June. You can't do the same for XB1.

Cyrus said:
To the both who answered to me:
1. Well that the tricky thing, the "WiiU lvl" is not a constant, the thread i mentioned didn't say X1 won't drop below current WiiU sales, but it said it wouldn't drop below WiiU sales!
2.When that thread was posted WiiU sold ~35-40k weekly, so even if we take that number X1 is not too far away from it, one could consider it to be more or less the same lvl.

1. So what you are saying is you lack the ability to put things in context?

2. No.

1. Nope, that would be you.

2. yes.

What is certain is that by the end of this year a lot of people who commented on this are going to feel like a**holes.

Around the Network
Seece said:
eva01beserk said:
logisticalnightmare said

Indeed. It's quite simple and straightforward. You can prove WiiU is overtracked by their shipment figures end of June. You can't do the same for XB1.

Why do you act like the only logical conclusion is that the Xbox One will pull massive numbers this holiday, and that everyone who disagrees with you is definitively wrong? Regardless of overtracking, there still remains a massive gap between the sales figures of the two consoles (which I assume you don't deny). You assert that this gap will not only disappear, but the Xbox One will pull a large lead, all by the end of this year. What evidence do you really have to back up this claim? PS4 has stolen the spotlight for every multiplat released after the launch period  Xbox One's boosts form new releases were negligible compared to what was expected. Even the $100 price cut had little effect. Why do you think that market interest will suddenly rebound dramatically after having been stagnant since Titanfall? Pre-orders for Xbox One exclusives are not that significant and there's still the possibility that many may be coming from current owners. I think it's quite likely that the PS4 will once again take away significant marketshare from the Xbox One, leaving it much closer to the Wii U than you might think. 

Seece said:
Yet another one of these threads that is going to look super silly in a matter of weeks.

WiiU won't be ahead ever again come this holiday.

Why do you think that? You realize Nintendo does better than both of the other companies during the holidays in terms of %increase typically right? Especially compared to MIcrosoft. Millions of families will be looking for kid friendly experiences which are increasingly only being found on NIntendo devices or Apple/android. Microsoft and Sony are increasingly becoming more saturated with M rated games with boobs everywhere or violence the likes of which haven't ever been seen before in videogames. I still believe that MOST parents, when it really comes down to it deep down, still want their kids to be at least somewhat protected from that stuff and that is why they will turn to Nintendo/Apple specifically over Microsoft and Sony.

TruckOSaurus said:
Seece said:

I actually don't care enough about the numbers to search beyond what's on VGC but thanks for answering the question.

What is up with you being condescending in this thread?  Seece is right about WiiU being overtracked on VGC.  I believe there was a thread about this not long ago actually.

@OP - My guess is 2015 at some point.  I would say this year but i think Mario Kart and Smash Bros will hold its own during the holiday.  But the gap should start closing starting in September

I also agree these threads should stop.  We have had a lot of similar threads just like this one

MoversPrime said:

The Xbox One is going to be available in 28 more countries this year, two of them being China and Japan, China being predicted to sell atleast 5 million at launch. Right now the Xbox One is only available in 13 countries, compared to where the PS4 is sold in over 100 countries, and people wonder why it's outselling the Xbox One. So I wouldn't get your hopes up into thinking that the Xbone is out of the game yet.

That makes no sense. Are you honestly trying to say that China will sell AT LEAST 5M at launch (~7 times the US launch, and 5 times the US PS4 launch), in a country that is siginificantly poorer than Western countries, has far higher tariffs, and is a RoW territioy that just lifted its ban on consoles. furthermore, I remember hearing reports that demand for the PS4 was significantly higher than that of the Xbox One in China. Your claim beyond ridiculous. 

And you also seem to be suggesting that, given what has happened so far, it's reasonable to assume that the Xbox One has a good chance of outselling the PS4? You do know that shipments to RoW territories are almost alwats siginificantly lower than to main territories, and really make that big of a difference, right?

AAA 3rd party games alone will help the X1 to take over Wii-U soon.