By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: WII U Will Still be Ahead of XBOX One in 2017

The Xbox One is going to be available in 28 more countries this year, two of them being China and Japan, China being predicted to sell atleast 5 million at launch. Right now the Xbox One is only available in 13 countries, compared to where the PS4 is sold in over 100 countries, and people wonder why it's outselling the Xbox One. So I wouldn't get your hopes up into thinking that the Xbone is out of the game yet.

Around the Network
MoversPrime said:

The Xbox One is going to be available in 28 more countries this year, two of them being China and Japan, China being predicted to sell atleast 5 million at launch. Right now the Xbox One is only available in 13 countries, compared to where the PS4 is sold in over 100 countries, and people wonder why it's outselling the Xbox One. So I wouldn't get your hopes up into thinking that the Xbone is out of the game yet.

The launch in china won't do any change since you can already buy it in china, in like every bigger shopping mall. So why would an 'official' release boost numbers there?

Seece said:
vivster said:
Seece said:
Yet another one of these threads that is going to look super silly in a matter of weeks.

WiiU won't be ahead ever again come this holiday.

So you're saying X1 will close the 2m gap by the end of this year?

There is no 2m gap. XB1 will be ahead by a mile. Europe and US will be in its favour which will far eclipse WiiU Japan sales.

Ok, let's explain this in pre school terms.

There are 7.1 million WiiU's in the world, there are 5 millio Xbone's as well.

Now if I have 7 apples and take away 5 of them, I have 2 apples left. Meaning there is a 2 million gap, a 2.1 million one in fact. 

And with Smash bros. coming out later in the year i doubt the Xbone will close that gap by much if any at all.

eva01beserk said:
Seece said:
tak13 said:
WhiteEaglePL said:

So what makes you think Nintendo won't just ship more, or already have????

whity ninty shipped 810k gamecube for july-sept of 2003,so she could the same for wii u in  july-sept 2014

Ugh, this hurts my head. So because they shipped that for Gamecube (which was a different console, in a different landscape, with different rivals, and different software) WiiU could do the same?

WiiU hasn't matched any Gamecube shipments so far AFAIK?

Arent you the one who keeps saying that the 360 did great in all holidays and so the x1 has to do it to? now my head hurts. What he says makes more sense since the wii u is facing the same hardships as the gamecupe, but for the x1 it dosent make sense since the 360 was dominating for a little while, then was at least on par with the ps3, then got below the ps3, but it was aclose third unlike this time.

I've never said that, given I'm always against the myth of Nintendo having great holidays.

All consoles do great in the holidays for pretty obvious reasons, it's the holidays.

Amario&zeldafan said:
Seece said:
vivster said:
Seece said:
Yet another one of these threads that is going to look super silly in a matter of weeks.

WiiU won't be ahead ever again come this holiday.

So you're saying X1 will close the 2m gap by the end of this year?

There is no 2m gap. XB1 will be ahead by a mile. Europe and US will be in its favour which will far eclipse WiiU Japan sales.

Ok, let's explain this in pre school terms.

There are 7.1 million WiiU's in the world, there are 5 millio Xbone's as well.

Now if I have 7 apples and take away 5 of them, I have 2 apples left. Meaning there is a 2 million gap, a 2.1 million one in fact. 

And with Smash bros. coming out later in the year i doubt the Xbone will close that gap by much if any at all.

As i learned from other posts, Seece believes that WiiU is overtracked by a large amount.

So i'm not surprise to see that statement here again, but what i find amusing is that he still believes europe would favour the X1. In mho i think the only market where X1 will clearly stay in front of WiiU is the USA's market. With some major releases X1 numbers may spike over WiiU numbers in europe, but the baseline of WiiU will stay above X1 with a good distance in europe. 

Around the Network

That far ahead in the future? Not a chance.

Wii U is only ever going to have the backing of one major publisher: Nintendo. The Xbox One is going to continue to have third party support and whatever else Microsoft throw at it. The Xbox One will probably never reach PS4 levels, but it's going to start to outstrip Wii U regularly next year at the latest.

Nintendo's software looks great, but it's going to be--at best--one Nintendo published title per month, versus whatever every major Western publisher is pulling out, plus whatever other content Microsoft can secure. Sure, multi-plats won't sell as well as they do on PS4, but that volume of software will lift Xbox One's sales numbers above what Wii U can post.

People need to accept Wii U is a niche device and will remain so. Titles like Bayonetta 2, Hyrule Warriors, Xenoblade Chronicles X etc might be hyped among a core fanbase, but they aren't going to shift as many systems as Xbox One's multi-platform titles. The only guaranteed system sellers Nintendo have confirmed for Wii U are Smash Brothers and The Legend of Zelda. However good the rest of their content is, it's not going to help Wii U outsell Xbox One in the next few years.

KoopaKid said:

I just feel like the Xbox is toast everything that Xbox has 3rd party wise is better on the ps4. And people looking for a second console are going to buy a wii u whether it be a Xbox owner or a ps4. I know im in the minority as wii u is my main console and ps4 is my secondary but hey its an awesome console. Anyways your thoughts? not trying to upset anyone just my opinion I love halo but im not spending 400 dollars and 60 dollars a year for halo.

Thats right, because no one wants to get a xbox one, it doesnt matter what kind of games will release

Zelda - Breath of the Wild for Nintendo Switch.... Incredable!!!

I think something will surprise you this month.

Saying that you can already "buy" it in China doesn't even make sense. Considering there hasn't even been an official launch. If you apparently can already buy it in the country then okay. But there's still millions of people who don't know that you can "Already" buy it. the Xbox One is still launching in 28 more countries this month. Obviously you're just wanting to deny the fact that the Xbox One will do fantastic the rest of the year. If you still want to deny it. There's still the COD AW 1TB model, and the White Xbox One at $399.99 that comes with a copy of Sunset Over Drive. As well as the Master Chief Collection.

jlmurph2 said:
Cyrus said:

You mean just like your 'why do people believe X1 will drop to WiiU lvl sales' from march?

At least he calls it prediction, and doesn't act like its a fact.

You do know Wii U hit a low of 18k in one week during 2013 right? With a baseline of about 20k. Xbox One has never gotten that low.

hahahah...what you just said,actually is  very positive for wii u!.from 18.000-20000+->>>>>>>60000 with one first party game!