By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN review Lost Planet PS3 - 5.5

Soriku said:
DMeisterJ said:
uh... duh?

We know the game was going to suck.  basically

Around the Network

Very bad port. I tried the online demo and the game has some really bad framerate issues. Not to mention it doesn't look nearly as good as the XBox360 or PC versions (both of which I've played). I would have been tempted to pick it up as I liked the XBox360 version, but with the horrible framerates, and lack of any new content, I'm not. Shame on Capcom for making such a crappy port.

Yea, that certainly makes up for Monster Madness...

@ Soriku

Anyone who saw the early screenshots of this game expected nothing good from this. If you thought that this would be "okay", you must have bad eyesight. Anyone could see that this was a quick and dirty port.

That's the score the original 360 and PC versions deserved too.

Around the Network

The original game scored an 8.5 but that was before Halo 3 or COD4 came out. Needless to say, standards are much higher now. Even if the game ran perfectly, it probably still would be lucky to get higher than a 7.5.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

I played the demo on my PS3 it looks like I was playing a PS2 game...;But I won the online match haha =p.

naznatips said:
That's the score the original 360 and PC versions deserved too.

Though I've never played them my friend agrees with you. He warned me to stay very far away from this one.

I thought this game was fun through the first 6 levels, until you beat green eye. Then the game just goes downhill with too much mech stuff during the last 4 levels. The online is pretty solid. I thought this game was a decent 7. Worth a rent.

i hope that all new multiplatform games wont be shitty ports from 360 with "ps2" graphics.