By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Trolls drive Anita Sarkeesian out of her house...

She could of avoided this by not using her real name in her videos. She should of known any type of complaining to a group will cause very bad haters.

Around the Network
generic-user-1 said:
wilco said:
generic-user-1 said:

she is lying in her videos to make games and gamer look bad, and she scamed good people out of 1000ths of dollar.

do we need videos about sexisms in gaming and the gaing community? yes, do we need anitas stupid lies? no.

im playing a lot of video games with a  female friend, she has no problem with sexism in videogames, she has the problem with sexism in the videogame community.   its all stupid whiteknighting or herassment what she gets in multiplayer if someone sees that she is female.

we had to  stop letting people on our ts server, because everytime we invite our teammates to it, there were problems.

THATs the real problem.

Do you have examples of her lies?

u havnt played hitmen, or havnt seen her videos^^ the whole part is a lie...

I have watched her videos but have not played hitmen, I'll look into that.

archer9234 said:
She could of avoided this by not using her real name in her videos. She should of known any type of complaining to a group will cause very bad haters.

As long as her face is in the video they could have easily found out who she was.. and the idea that she should have to hide her identity just so she can give opnions on video games is.... really sad.

wilco said:
archer9234 said:

As long as her face is in the video they could have easily found out who she was.. and the idea that she should have to hide her identity just so she can give opnions on video games is.... really sad.

That's the reality of what she was doing. You honestly think there wasn't gonna be some people that don't want to hear her say this stuff? We're talking about some people who sent death threats to Konami when they said they wanted to end Metal Gear Solid.

archer9234 said:
wilco said:
archer9234 said:

That's the reality of what she was doing. You hoenstly think there wasn't gonna be some people that don't want to hear her say this stuff? To gamers, she is basically if someone from EA kept saying XBOX is crap every 5 minutes. We're talking about some people who sent death threats to Konami when they said they wanted to end Metal Gear Solid.

Well then there is a serious problem in the gaming community. That needs to change ASAP. This problem doesn't get fixed by people liker her hiding their identities, it gets fixed by continuing to let those people know that there is no place for them in the gaming community. The larger community should be hostile to those people not to people like Sarkeesian. Their idiot voices need to be drowned out.

Around the Network
wilco said:
archer9234 said:
wilco said:
archer9234 said:

That's the reality of what she was doing. You hoenstly think there wasn't gonna be some people that don't want to hear her say this stuff? To gamers, she is basically if someone from EA kept saying XBOX is crap every 5 minutes. We're talking about some people who sent death threats to Konami when they said they wanted to end Metal Gear Solid.

Well then there is a serious problem in the gaming community. That needs to change ASAP. This problem doesn't get fixed by people liker her hiding their identities, it gets fixed by continuing to let those people know that there is no place for them in the gaming community. The larger community should be hostile to those people not to people like Sarkeesian. Their idiot voices need to be drowned out.

Yeah, great and all. But you're gonna get this. For crap sake. Zelda Willians got Twitter hate the day after Robin Williams died. That's how low people can be.

I hope that people have learned their lesson!

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

The Fury said:

Okay, twitter is attached to phone and alerts you when you get a message, so her then going to a desktop and print screening is not surprising.

Also, I can type a sentence correctly structured in very short time.

The above sentence took me all of 10 seconds.

The one above less.

How about this one her initial tweet came before the actual threatening tweet, either she can see the future or something is odd.

Mr.Playstation said:

Thank you for your opinion and while I do agree with you on certain expects especially on what you said on the first and final paragrapgh. I do not agree though that woman are underrepresented in gaming and neither does Anita as it seems, she is however trying to change as you said how woman are represented in gaming and if she kept how woman are represented sexually in games I would have agreed with her, (We have problems in games when it comes to this) but when she talked about how woman should not be dansal in distresses ( Which if I am not mistaken was her first video ) I had to disagree with her. One has to also see the real world for this, Woman are weaker than men in physical strenght and so therefore they require more protection and so if we take video games as physical extensions I don't see how this can change. 

Did you really just try and use "women are weaker than men" as an argument why women shouldn't be portrayed as helpless damsels so often in video games? 

First, you don't have to be physically strong to not be a damsel. There are plenty of video game protagonists, male and female, that are not that strong physically. This matters even less when you add fantasy elements to video games. There games with monsters and magic but the idea that a woman could compete with a man is the fantasy part? What? 

If you want to use real life to base how video games (often with fantasy elements) should be created, women in real life can be perfectly capable of defending themselves against stronger attackers. Weaker men also fight off stronger opponents as well. There is also the issue of assuming a woman will automatically be weaker than her attacker - there are a lot of women who are physically stronger than men. 

A lot of video games also use weapons like knives and guns. Why is a female character inherently less capable of using these than a male character? If male characters can rescue kidnapped female characters (a very common scenario) I don't see why a female character can't save another character. 

Gamers can accept male characters fighting off giant monsters or hordes of enemy soldiers but the idea that female characters can fight male characters isn't "realistic"? You do realize there are women who are professional martial artists/fighters, and many militaries around the world employ women as soldiers that are perfectly capable of carrying out combat duties, right? 

Your attitude exemplifies sexism in the Gaming Community and sexism in society as a whole. 

Anita lies quite a lot, there is some truth to her stuff but over-all it doesn't really matter. She's just trying to spark controversy when there really isn't even any.

Honestly the majority of her argument just ends up being similar to anything in the entertainment business. Honestly I can care less if Girls in Video Games have huge bewbs or not and are damsels. Some are exploitative but so what (that's the point of some games)? the film industry is the number one offenders of exploiting sex.

The majority of her youtube Videos don't have Ratings and Comments enabled, she probably knows how the majority of people feel about her. She's like a troll and people feed off of her.

And I think it's sad when Video Gamers and the Industry actually listen to her nonsense.

Honestly the best thing is to just Ignore her like the majority of people ignore Uwe Boll. Anita's Criticsm's on Books and Movies aren't as popular because well, People don't give 2 craps about it. They're smarter than that.