By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How long will Pokemon stay at the top of the chart in the US?

I don't think many of us have any understanding of the weight that Pokemon has throughout the world in terms of system selling potential and the number of units it will shit, I'm looking forward to seeing what it is looking to post on a weekly basis...

300,000 for it's second week on sae (technically) and I think it can probably maintain above 100k for a long time after that... so who can predict how long Pokemon will stay at the top of the weekly chart and how long it will be in the top 5 or top 10 for.

Around the Network

it is out in europe ?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

In the US? Till Forza 2 comes out. Top 10? Probably for another 3 months.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

@ kirby007: No... And it's coming in Juli!... Pokémon is gonna bomb in Europe... The other Pokémon titles in Europe sold almost as much or even more then in the US! So it's gonna bomb, hard!

THE NETHERLANDS

Not yet.

Around the Network

Yeah. Top 10 will be for a while. As for top selling it will probably be, and I hate to say it, until Forza 2 comes out because its new title.

Froza isn't the second coming of Gran Turismo though. I see one, maybe two weeks on the top of the charts given the competition won't be that great other than Pokemon.

SMB and Nintendogs have pretty much been on the chart forever, so it's really anybody's guess on how long it will last. I'd say in gaps with no new games, Nintendo will always dominate the charts with it's mainstay titles.