By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Devs want to work for Valve more than themselves

vivster said:
So what I'm getting from this is that most of the devs hate their current employer.

If you assumed that then you'd also have to assume most devs would hate to work at Nintendo and Naughty Dog. I think you'd struggle to find a dev who wouldn't want to work at one of those!

Around the Network

Surprised to see Ubisoft that high tbh.
I heard a lot of bad stuff during early 2013, but maybe that changed.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Xevross said:
vivster said:
So what I'm getting from this is that most of the devs hate their current employer.

If you assumed that then you'd also have to assume most devs would hate to work at Nintendo and Naughty Dog. I think you'd struggle to find a dev who wouldn't want to work at one of those!

Where did you get that from?

The poll only says that the majority of devs would be happier to not work for their current employers anymore. That includes everyone who didn't vote for his current employer.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Xevross said:
vivster said:

Where did you get that from?

The poll only says that the majority of devs would be happier to not work for their current employers anymore. That includes everyone who didn't vote for his current employer.

But more devs would prefer to stay where they are than go to Naughty Dog or Nintendo

Xevross said:

But more devs would prefer to stay where they are than go to Naughty Dog or Nintendo

Those devs obviously already work for Naughty Dog and Nintendo. Hence, the fewer votes.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:
Xevross said:

Those devs obviously already work for Naughty Dog and Nintendo. Hence, the fewer votes.

Well, I guess a lot of people work for Nintendo....