By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza Horizon 2 - Lamborgini Huracan HD Gameplay

HEMSTAR said:
Looks great, the cockpit view doesn't seem very necessary considering it's a full blown arcade racer but's its a neat option to have.

It's not a full blown arcade racer since all the cars are upgradable and fully tuneable now.  Plus the car models are based on cars in Forza 5 and all the cars in that game have a cockpit view and the entire game is based on the Forza 5 engine.  On top of that there are plenty of other games that are even more arcady then Horizon 2 that have cockpit view.

Around the Network

What I find most intriguing is the "Nintendo" approach in terms of the color palette. The game is vibrant, colorful, and looks more "fun" just because they're not going for all out realism on the color scale. That actually does go hand-in-hand with its arcade, open world, and "festival" nature.

I like it, I already pre-ordered it anyway

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/
ZyroXZ2 said:
What I find most intriguing is the "Nintendo" approach in terms of the color palette. The game is vibrant, colorful, and looks more "fun" just because they're not going for all out realism on the color scale. That actually does go hand-in-hand with its arcade, open world, and "festival" nature.

I think so far the car lineup is a lot better then the one in the first game and there are still at least two more reveals left.  The demo should be out in a couple of weeks also. 

Chris Hu said:
ZyroXZ2 said:

I think so far the car lineup is a lot better then the one in the first game and there are still at least two more reveals left.  The demo should be out in a couple of weeks also. 

Is there definately going to be a demo for download? Sweet if so.

I'm hoping for the 599XXE or a VW Caddy.

I know there will be a X1 demo that should come out pretty soon not sure if there will be one for the 360 version.  As for cars I'm hoping at least one Peugeot makes it in the game.  Also looks like no Saleen's will make the cut could do without the S7 but would have liked if the S5S Raptor would be in the game since it was the best unicorn car in the first game.

Around the Network

I would like to see a 1g Neon in the game or a Nissan Primera GT(P11). I want some car that isn't a freaking Honda or Toyota that I can just mess around with online. It would be cool if they added a Shelby Charger or Omni(again), best 80s 4 cylinder cars ever made.

Favorite Game Franchises-

Gran Turismo, Forza, Project Gotham Racing, Need for Speed, Burnout, TOCA Race Driver/Race Driver/Grid, Colin McRae Rally/Dirt, Halo, TimeSplitters, Splinter Cell, Gears of War, Borderlands, and Call of Duty.

Let's just say I love racing games followed by shooters and the Xbox One has filled this love.

Chris Hu said:
HEMSTAR said:
Looks great, the cockpit view doesn't seem very necessary considering it's a full blown arcade racer but's its a neat option to have.

It's not a full blown arcade racer since all the cars are upgradable and fully tuneable now.  Plus the car models are based on cars in Forza 5 and all the cars in that game have a cockpit view and the entire game is based on the Forza 5 engine.  On top of that there are plenty of other games that are even more arcady then Horizon 2 that have cockpit view.

Im talking about the car handling, it's an arcade racer just like Need for Speed and what games are more arcade than FH2 and have a cockpit view?  There might be some but i cant think of any off the top of my head.

HEMSTAR said:
Chris Hu said:
HEMSTAR said:

Im talking about the car handling, it's an arcade racer just like Need for Speed and what games are more arcade than FH2 and have a cockpit view?  There might be some but i cant think of any off the top of my head.

Does it really matter if it is an "arcade" racer?  The first game was very fun.  This game looks just as fun already before it has been released.  Anyways, Forza is a semi-sim racing game.  Forza Horizon is using the same handling from FM5, so it can be said that FH2 is a semi-sim racing game, but it is not an arcade racer like Burnout or similar racing games.  Even Need for Speed Rivals can be considered semi-sim.

Favorite Game Franchises-

Gran Turismo, Forza, Project Gotham Racing, Need for Speed, Burnout, TOCA Race Driver/Race Driver/Grid, Colin McRae Rally/Dirt, Halo, TimeSplitters, Splinter Cell, Gears of War, Borderlands, and Call of Duty.

Let's just say I love racing games followed by shooters and the Xbox One has filled this love.

Vrruumm said:
HEMSTAR said:
Chris Hu said:
HEMSTAR said:

Does it really matter if it is an "arcade" racer?  The first game was very fun.  This game looks just as fun already before it has been released.  Anyways, Forza is a semi-sim racing game.  Forza Horizon is using the same handling from FM5, so it can be said that FH2 is a semi-sim racing game, but it is not an arcade racer like Burnout or similar racing games.  Even Need for Speed Rivals can be considered semi-sim.

No, Need for Speed is an arcade racer, i would never consider to be a semi-sim. I consider games like Dirt, Grid & Driveclub to be semi-sim. But i'm not hating on it because it's an arcade racer, just saying it's weird that it has a cockpit view for a game that looks like NFS type car handling.

This game gives me a Dirt 2 in open world vibe, is that correct?

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine