By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is happening to gaming? Gamescom sucked! Weird games, no price cuts, etc.

melbye said:
After today a part of me just wants to stick with only WiiU for the next few years cause i don't really feel enthustiactic about anything outside of Nintendo right. Everything is just exclusive this and DLC that

I never thought I'd agree with you, but right now Wii U does seem to have more appealing games that still make sense to me in this 8th generation. The next Zelda and X look great! So does virtual console.

Around the Network
kljesta64 said:
I agree with the weird part. kinda.

a lot of games especially indie games are all in a way similar with the same depressive music and atmosphere.

Yes, you actually get what I'm saying. Thank you!

Half the games I am excited about are not mentioned at these big shows. Plenty of great games coming out to me.

Thank you hylianswordsman. I have to go, but I will respond to your long comment soon.

gamemaster4747 Weird games like Rime, Tearaway Unfolded, and Alienation...

those 3 specific games looked cool as shit. and looks like a ton of fun,isnt that what gaming is about in the first place....original tearaway got very high ratings btw, aliennation looked like a blast and was very good looking to boot.....also children of tomorrow looked quite interesting and beautiful/fun.rime looked so good and interesting just on its design alone. i like the uniqueness/diversity in these games. not everything needs to be fps that has 10 mile high explosions and every third sentence is a generic ''im gonna fking kill you'' from a heavily armed space marine(im not saying this is what you want,just in general)...

Around the Network
Keegs79 said:

Oh! Its the guy that used to annoy everyone on 1up!

This! And now he is on VGChartz because he lost his job because of postings like this ;)

kljesta64 said:
I agree with the weird part. kinda.

a lot of games especially indie games are all in a way similar with the same depressive music and atmosphere.

that can EASILY be said about expensive so-called AAA games,,in a a way a bulk of them feel generic and samey.. tons of 3rd person take cover shooters and fps that look and play so unbelievable similiar to one another. its been this way for years

I can't tell if that is a joke post or not. I loved it. Better than E3 by a mile, precisely because of the variety and oddball-ness on offer. Less people watching than E3 so I guess you can take more risks, and boy did it pay off. Oh, and the Silent Hill switch-up didn't just make the show, it made my gaming year. Still buzzing.

Just because Sony isn't doing what you want them to do doesn't mean that gaming is going downhill.

gamemaster4747 said:
adriane23 said:
I honestly don't understand what you're mad about (unless you;re mad at the lack of RPGs, in which case I feel your pain). What kind of games were you expecting?

Exactly! No JRPGs and no fighting games like Street Fighter. As I see you are a fan of.

But there has been a big resurgence in fighting games since 2008. Street Fighter not being at Gamescom this year is understandable since Ultra Street Fighter 4 is already out, but there have been plenty of fighting games throughout the years. There are plenty of JRPGs (I hate that term) as of late as well. Tales of Xillia 2 comes out next week. Persona 5 comes out next year. Then you have the Atelier series, and basically everything from ATLUS. It just sucks that are aren't any for the current gen yet.

I am the Playstation Avenger.