By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is happening to gaming? Gamescom sucked! Weird games, no price cuts, etc.

My favorite hobby since the early 80's seems to be breaking down to something I don't even recognize anymore. Weird games like Rime, Tearaway Unfolded, and Alienation seem like art projects more than games. That freakish "Robin Hood" game looked nothing like Robin Hood at all. It's like gaming is shifting toward boring indie art projects! Atari 2600 games made more sense. There were still some real games shown, but most of them are shooters that I care nothing about. Gamescom let me down big.

There were no price cuts announced for PS3 or Vita. In fact, one would think they were ashamed of both, since they barely mentioned either. I don't actually remember PS3 being mentioned at all!

Was the Metal Gear cardboard box demo supposed to be a funny joke? Even worse, Square Enix has betrayed Playstation fans horribly by taking a well known Playstation Icon, and made Tomb Raider into an Xbox exclusive! What!? Playstation put Tomb Raider on the map! Square Enix traitors! Making Final Fantasy multi-platform was bad enough, but now this? Square Enix (Squaresoft) was once my favorite game makers. I was a huge fan. Now they can kiss my ass! Why lie about Microsoft being great partners and being the best thing for Tomb Raider? They took an M$ payoff!

I have to say that gaming is becoming something that I am caring little about. This E3 and Gamescom has shown me that gaming is moving away from what made me attracted to gaming in the first place. Something started going wrong at about 2006, and gaming has been in slow decline since then. I think it is the Microsoft online push and western gaming taking over. Today, I am a depressed gamer. My only hope for exciting gaming announcements this year is at the Tokyo Game Show.

Around the Network

Gamescom wasn't boring for MS at all

I think gaming has become something that cares little about you.

And we all should be thankful for that.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

gamemaster4747 said:

Weird games like Rime, Tearaway Unfolded, and Alienation seem like art projects more than games. 

You know I could get banned for what i feel like saying after reading that.

Be more careful with your wording

vivster said:

You didn't even have time to read what I wrote. I just posted this, so be quiet troll.

~ Mod Edit ~

This user has been moderated by TruckOSaurus.

Around the Network
gamemaster4747 said:
vivster said:

You didn't even have time to read what I wrote. I just posted this, so be quiet troll.

I had 2 minutes to read it. Anyone who isn't able to read this simple written rant in two minutes should go back to grade school.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Raziel123 said:
gamemaster4747 said:

Weird games like Rime, Tearaway Unfolded, and Alienation seem like art projects more than games. 

You know I could get banned for what i feel like saying after reading that.

Be more careful with your wording

Personally, I don't care if you blast my comments to pieces. I allow any comments, negative or positive. It is VGCharts that does the banning. I said what I really honestly feel. That was not trolling.

gamemaster4747 said:
vivster said:

Vivster a troll? Come on man stop trolling.

PS: It's bannable so I suggest you never do that again.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

I honestly don't understand what you're mad about (unless you;re mad at the lack of RPGs, in which case I feel your pain). What kind of games were you expecting?

I am the Playstation Avenger.

After today a part of me just wants to stick with only WiiU for the next few years cause i don't really feel enthustiactic about anything outside of Nintendo right. Everything is just exclusive this and DLC that