By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rise of the Tomb Raider E3 reveal only ever stated Xbox 2015

With all this current drama surrounding the game I figured id look back at the reveal to see if it was ever even announced for Playstation consoles in the first place. Sure enough at the end of the trailer it only ever showed Xbox as a releasing platform in 2015.

By the looks of it, it was only ever assumed to be coming to playstation, with websites putting up pre-orders under an assumption that was never confirmed. Does it change your views on what microsoft has done if the game was only ever intended to be made for Xbox consoles, bayonetta 2 style prehaps?

Around the Network

It's still a dick move by SE. TR has a larger fan base on PS platforms than on Xbox platforms.

KylieDog said:
Blob said:

With all this current drama surrounding the game I figured id look back at the reveal to see if it was ever even announced for Playstation consoles in the first place. Sure enough at the end of the trailer it only ever showed Xbox as a releasing platform in 2015.

By the looks of it, it was only ever assumed to be coming to playstation, with websites putting up pre-orders under an assumption that was never confirmed. Does it change your views on what microsoft has done if the game was only ever intended to be made for Xbox consoles, bayonetta 2 style prehaps?

No, PR said multiplatform.  They would have made clear it was exclusive at E3 if deal already done.

Fair enough if thats the case, I just couldn't find anything conclusive. I had a look, but finding information on any old news about the new tomb raider is hard with all the current madness lol

Bayonetta 2 would have been canceled if Nintendo did not save it, it was never announced for other platforms. Tomb Raider sequel was going to happen and was stated as being multi platform and now is an X1 exclusive.

Also, Tomb Raider is a long storied series with films and comics with one of the most iconic protagonists in gaming. In that time Lara has been on PlayStation systems for every entry, all nine of them. While not a Sony property she is similar to Solid Snake in how she was associated with the brand.

I do not see the situations as analogous.

You might be right.. But in this day and age where everyone throws around the word exclusive and ganes like dead rising now coming to pc specifically said xbox one exclusive, i find this backhanded in a time where i had otherwise regained most of the respect from MS pre DRM

Around the Network
Augen said:

Also, Tomb Raider is a long storied series with films and comics with one of the most iconic protagonists in gaming. 

Which reminds me, i have to drop Tomb Raider off my comics pull list. Bought the first 6 numbers.. going to burn them in a bonfire now. Waste of money.

Please provide a link from SE/Crystal Dynamics saying that the game was coming to anything but XBOX. I cant find any links other than speculation.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Its interesting how Ms securing one of the bigest posive exclusive deals ever is having more of a negative impact on the gaming comunity than a positive one. Also because Square-Enix is involved and everyone already hates them it became even easier to bash Ms. This Tomb Raider exclusive deal might turn out to do more harm than good to all parts involved specially since it clearly was a money hatting type of deal.

DakonBlackblade said:
Its interesting how Ms securing one of the bigest posive exclusive deals ever is having more of a negative impact on the gaming comunity than a positive one. Also because Square-Enix is involved and everyone already hates them it became even easier to bash Ms. This Tomb Raider exclusive deal might turn out to do more harm than good to all parts involved specially since it clearly was a money hatting type of deal.

Clearly? Say Microsoft approaches SE and offers them money to make another Tomb Raider game after the first failed to make them much profit. SE would be stupid not too as its Microsofts money and their is no risk for them

Blob said:
DakonBlackblade said:

Clearly? Say Microsoft approaches SE and offers them money to make another Tomb Raider game after the first failed to make them much profit. SE would be stupid not too as its Microsofts money and their is no risk for them

Come on man youre not that blunt, Crystal Dynamics already had a new game in development while they were working on Tomb Raider definitive edition and the new Tomb Raider wasnt revealed as exclusive originaly, ye it was on Ms conference but dont you think theyd have screamed from the top of theyre lungs exclusive on E3 if it was exclusive at that point. Also the way it was worded on Gamescon its very misleading, feels liek they dont even want to call atention to the fact that it is exclusive wich is wierd.

Ms needed somethign to fight Uncharted, they got a throng of money and threw it at Crystal Dynamics + Squenix and voila exclusive deal done. Theyll clain otherwise of course, theyll never admit to heavy money hatting.