By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - One Negative of Remasters

It's that they're 60fps.  TLoU Remastered is AMAZING at 60fps.  Even if it dips I tried locking at 30 and it looked like a slideshow.  Now I've never been one to slam 30fps as long as it doesn't dip but if Sleeping Dogs, GTA5, Tomb Raider, and TLoU are all running at 60 or close, going back and forth from them to Destiny, Driveclub, LBP and such will be very jarring.  I hope next gen either makes the 60fps standard or that we can adjust to the back and forth.  What do you guys think is it jarring seeing these remasters at high framerates?

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network

i dont really care about anything really i just plat the games because theyre fun

Try being a PC gamer then, you'll see why so many are self proclaimed master race.
Going from 60fps to 30fps is one thing, going from 120fps to 30fps is another.

<table style="width: 90%;" border="0"><tr><td><strong>toastboy44562 said:</strong><br />i dont really care about anything really i just plat the games because theyre fun</td></tr></table><br /><br />

toastboy44562 said:
i dont really care about anything really i just plat the games because theyre fun

Even when we ban you, I sometimes think you're the truest gamer on this site

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

Windows phone sucks.

platformmaster918 said:

It's that they're 60fps.  TLoU Remastered is AMAZING at 60fps.  Even if it dips I tried locking at 30 and it looked like a slideshow.  Now I've never been one to slam 30fps as long as it doesn't dip but if Sleeping Dogs, GTA5, Tomb Raider, and TLoU are all running at 60 or close, going back and forth from them to Destiny, Driveclub, LBP and such will be very jarring.  I hope next gen either makes the 60fps standard or that we can adjust to the back and forth.  What do you guys think is it jarring seeing these remasters at high framerates?

Is that really a negative though?

It's only really jarring when you see the framerate drop happening though.

Resolution should be dropped if needed to get a solid 60fps on all games, that's just my opinion.

60fps isn't a new thing. Remasters aren't the only games that are 60fps.