By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Any Legend of Dragoon fans here?

Tagged games:

Should Sony make this sequal?

Like hellz ya? 46 86.79%

Dragoon, or that other Legend of games? 3 5.66%

See results 4 7.55%

Total:53
BraLoD said:
Ssenkahdavic said:

Signed.

Hell, Id take a Remaster.

We could all use some Blossom Storm!

This: 

Two Soldiers.  One move.  Albert actually calls it "Blossom Storm", where Lavitz says "Rose Storm"

Around the Network

Yes! I adore this game. Sony had what could have possibly been a long running successful series right at their fingertips. As to why they let this potential die is beyond me.

BraLoD said:
Ssenkahdavic said:
BraLoD said:
Ssenkahdavic said:

Signed.

This: 

Two Soldiers.  One move.  Albert actually calls it "Blossom Storm", where Lavitz says "Rose Storm"

Their movements are different, Lavitz seems to do the hits with more brute force, Albert with more speed, fit their profiles.
And they say different things indeed, they do it with the second dragoon magic too, Lavitz call it Blossom Storm (and summon pink sakura petals, commom flower) and Albert call it Rose Storm (and summon red roses, refined flower).
Here:

Listen to it very carefully.  In Dragoon form they say the opposite of what they do in human form.

Here.

Contrary to popular belief that Albert & Lavitz's final addition "Flower Storm" has a typo as it's name, this is not true, as the name is meant to reflect the favorite flower of both men. Example: When Lavitz uses Flower Storm successfully he says "Rose Storm" (roses being his favorite flower), but when Albert uses Flower Storm successfully he says "Blossom Storm" (blossoms being his favorite flower).

• But, in their Dragoon form, they explicitly use the favorite bloom of one over the other in their magic, demonstrating the closeness and the strength of their friendship. This implies that the defensive property of the magic "Flower Storm" stems from their strong friendship and desire to protect people.

Oh and Lavitz is much easier to pull off than Alberts.  Very different tempo.

BraLoD said:
Ssenkahdavic said:

Signed.

This: 

I would love a remaster

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

BraLoD said:
eva01beserk said:

I would love a remaster

Great to see that some people here love the game as well as me xD

Very much so.  Almost as much as Lavitz and Albert.......

Around the Network

Loved it on the PS1. One thing I remember is leveling got tough later on (3rd-4th disc) , but battle system was fun and at the time it felt like someone out Final Fantasied Square. Shame series died as would have loved a PS3 entry.

BraLoD said:
Ssenkahdavic said:

Listen to it very carefully.  In Dragoon form they say the opposite of what they do in human form.

Here.

Contrary to popular belief that Albert & Lavitz's final addition "Flower Storm" has a typo as it's name, this is not true, as the name is meant to reflect the favorite flower of both men. Example: When Lavitz uses Flower Storm successfully he says "Rose Storm" (roses being his favorite flower), but when Albert uses Flower Storm successfully he says "Blossom Storm" (blossoms being his favorite flower).

• But, in their Dragoon form, they explicitly use the favorite bloom of one over the other in their magic, demonstrating the closeness and the strength of their friendship. This implies that the defensive property of the magic "Flower Storm" stems from their strong friendship and desire to protect people.

Nice read, it's actually clear now that they switch the names with dragoon magic.
Both called Flower Storm in Addition, Lavitz say Rose Storm, Albert say Blossom Storm. In dragoon form Lavitz magic is named as Blossom Storm and he says it, so do Albert with their magic named Rose Storm. They love each other

Ya its nifty with the "They use the others for protection"  Good explanation.  Rose still has my favorite addition.

Bah, it didnt copy over at the right time.  Oh well.  Die More and More still wins.

BraLoD said:
PotentHerbs said:
I'm a fan too! LoD was one of the first JRPG's I got & completed. The characters, additions, scope as well as the cutscenes were something else for it's time. The third disc especially with the icy areas brings back a lot of memories.

The 3rd disk is the best xD

I completely agree. Disc three reveals a lot of character back stories, had engrossing areas to explore, epic cutscenes, and one of the best boss battles I've ever played. Not to mention that tough "magician" that I tried to fight but got wrecked in a few turns. It's so nostalgic but I don't want to spoil too much lol. 

BraLoD said:
Ssenkahdavic said:
BraLoD said:
Ssenkahdavic said:

Here.

Nice read, it's actually clear now that they switch the names with dragoon magic.
Both called Flower Storm in Addition, Lavitz say Rose Storm, Albert say Blossom Storm. In dragoon form Lavitz magic is named as Blossom Storm and he says it, so do Albert with their magic named Rose Storm. They love each other

Ya its nifty with the "They use the others for protection"  Good explanation.  Rose still has my favorite addition.

Bah, it didnt copy over at the right time.  Oh well.  Die More and More still wins.

It's say to hear Rose go saying "die" in the middle of her additions xD
But how about Meru additions? They are amazing too xD
Well, only Kongol don't have such amazing addition to be honest.
How I would love to try playing with Lloyd too... can you imagine his additions? I'm sure they would rock!

Prequel and play as his pops? Zieg Feld would probably have some bad ass additions.  This game did well enough it needs a prequel/sequel/remake/remaster...SOMETHING.  All this talking about it makes me want to play it again!

BraLoD said:
Ssenkahdavic said:

Prequel and play as his pops? Zieg Feld would probably have some bad ass additions.  This game did well enough it needs a prequel/sequel/remake/remaster...SOMETHING.  All this talking about it makes me want to play it again!

Not only he, but all the old dragoons too! We only fought them as dragoons so their additions are yet to be seem. (Sadly in the prequel we would face all the same dragoon magics and additions as the spirit hold the skills itself not the owner).
And what about Faust in his prime? Even Melbu would be amazing too. Diaz too.
We would fight all the original dragons to get the spirits from them (divine dragon the exception, we could fight him too but we know he lives) and that would be so cool too! Then fight hordes of Virages in amazingly built wingly cities in all their floating glory... damn Sony, where is it? gimme it! take another 50hrs of my life!
I replayed it like not even a month ago and I am too wanting to go play it again right now xD

I go back through old games every now and again.  Finishing up the 3rd Shadow Hearts Game right now (waiting for Tales of Xillia 2). 

I played LoD on my vita about 6 months ago.  Watching all the cutscenes on Youtube right now actually :)