By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2014: New England Patriots Win Super Bowl XLIX

Who will win the Super Bowl?

Who cares? 41 36.61%

That AFC team. 29 25.89%

That NFC team. 5 4.46%

Hahaha, not the Packers! 25 22.32%

See Results. 9 8.04%

Total:109

Very disappointing finish by the Giants, I had to stop watching by the 4th quarter. Its a shame because there division is weak right now, none of the NFC east teams looked good there first. If the Giants just fixed there offense they would be a decent team and could possibly win there division.

Hopefully the Giants get there offense going there next few games because right now its looking like they will just have a repeat of last year.

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

Around the Network
FatedReality said:
Very disappointing finish by the Giants, I had to stop watching by the 4th quarter. Its a shame because there division is weak right now, none of the NFC east teams looked good there first. If the Giants just fixed there offense they would be a decent team and possibly win there division.

Hopefully the Giants get there offense going there next few games because right now its looking like they will just have a repeat of last year.

It seemed like most of the issues came down to a lack of practice. Half the plays looked like Eli thought he was calling one play, while one or more of his receivers thought he was calling something else. That should get fixed in the coming weeks (three? four?), but it doesn't automatically follow that the offense will start playing at a high level, only that it won't have as many embarrasing mistakes.

But seriously, it looked like they hadn't drilled their new system at all.

Matt Stafford looked great with Tate and Megatron. I quite honestly hope the Lions win the the NFC North for many reasons. Mostly because watching the offense  is fun for an NFC team.

#FreeWelker #FreeGordan

I just came in here to say that you are wrong about the giants. I have just spend HOURS defending them and I don't feel like getting into a new argument lol. Let's watch how the season plays out. That is all. Thank you for your opinion. I will take it into consideration.

Around the Network

I picked SD so hopefully this digs me a little out of a tough first week record.

Just in time for the Cards to get back in it (for now)!

Screw it I will go into a bit of detail.

1. Not saying that this excuses any of the clusterfuckery that went on with the Gmen offense, but the Detroit defense was some of the dirtiest I have seen in a while. The fouls that were called were just the complete blaintent ones. The tackling from the defenders were so dirty on the receivers, I'm surprised that no one got seriously hurt. Just like last year when we kicked them out of the playoffs.

2. Omg the offense. I think that Eli was more confused about the new offense than I was. The only people that were more confused were the receivers. The only thing that will make this work is time. And I do believe that the sign language has to go. The offensive line ranged from horrid to comically horrid. But once again their defense was dirtier than a strip club VIP seat.

3. When the defense gave up at the end of the game. Megatron broke them. He was making catches that no other receiver in the league would get. Cromardie was making dumb decisions covering him. That will be addressed. I have high hopes for him.

4. I have so much more to say but it's 1am here so I'm going to cut this off for now. Maybe I will wake up tomorrow after with more energy to restart this argument. But I still have high hopes for this year.

PS: it wasn't only the giants. The lions O played a hell of a game. Their D can go to hell.

You don't give Phillip Rivers three minutes!!!

Well, I came into my fantasy league feeling pretty low, as I missed out on the elite running backs and ended up with the number 7 pick. Sadly, I decided I had no choice but to take a WR in the first round and settled for Megatron. Darn it all.

I fear for the Cowboys this year. I'm not sure they can reach their usual 8-8 benchmark of success. How bad do they have to get before Jones hires another mouthpiece? I'm interested to know.

As a Panthers fan, I was pleased with Sunday's game. As a Panthers fan, I was concerned by Sunday's game. As expected, the defensive line and line-backers are awesome. Also as expected, the secondary is bad. Josh McCown, of all people, was pretty much shredding them in the fourth quarter. Thank cats for Luke Kuechly. He's the real thing.