By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

I must say, the lack of Madoka Magica in the recommended anime section is saddening ;(

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

Late response to the question...but for me, it's usually a combination of character development and character depth. Even if development is standard for the medium, I just love seeing characters that grow with the story. It makes them feel much more alive. I'd even go so far as to say dynamic characters is why I enjoy this medium as much as I do.

That being said, I've begun to appreciate villains for the opposite reason. The less I can empathize with a villain, the more terrifying I find them, and makes them much more effective. To me...the best villain is someone I "love to hate"...and sometimes needless sob stories dilute that feeling.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

I recommend watching Madoka Magica :D

| |

Pic of the day.

Platina said:

One of the first few animes that i first watched! (Besides them mainstream ones) And that black hair girl's backstory got me teary =(  

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Jranation said:
Platina said:

One of the first few animes that i first watched! (Besides them mainstream ones) And that black hair girl's backstory got me teary =(  

This is basically the first anime series I've watched and completed and I really like it

Will write up a proper recommendation later :p

| |

Speaking of recommendations.

Decided to take some new recommendations to post on the first page, since the recommended post is rather outdated and a lot of great shows have aired since then. So if anyone wants to recommend a certain anime, just post it here and I'll let Captain Yuri know, so he can add them when he is available.

For now,  1 or 2 paragraph explaining why you'd recommend the specific show would be enough and each user can recommend up to 3 movies and/or shows if they so choose to do so. I'd like for it to be shows that not too many people know of personally, but ultimately you're the ones choosing so I don't mind it as long as it's not trash like SAO.

Platina said:
Jranation said:

This is basically the first anime series I've watched and completed and I really like it

Will write up a proper recommendation later :p

Madoka Magica was awesome. I think it had the most surprising and memorable change of tone in that awesome and shocking moment (I think you remember THAT moment). Before that, I thought it was a generic "magical girls" anime. But when that happened, my jaw dropped to the ground. What the hell was that? Truly memorable.

Anyone here been watching KonoSuba 2? I think it's funnier than the first season

Aura7541 said:
Anyone here been watching KonoSuba 2? I think it's funnier than the first season

Me! I'm a few episodes behind, but I'm enjoying it a lot. It's just so goofy, and the random asides or self-aware characters kill me. Aqua's stupidity is the best.

--------------

I'm falling behind on my other shows too...but I just caught up on Sangatsu no Lion again. Kyouko is easily my favorite girl this season. Every serious scene she has with Rei takes my breath away.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334