Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

AOTY

Re: Zero! 

Best Boy

Tanaka (tanaka-kun wa itsumo kedaruge) 

Best Girl

Mumei (Kabaneri) 

Best OP

Zestria OP 1 (Kaze no Uta (風ノ唄)" by FLOW) 

Best ED

Ajin S1 ( "HOW CLOSE YOU ARE" by Mamoru Miyano) 

Favorite Cast

Konosuba *Didn't finsihed it though but the main characters really stood out

Favorite Ship

Manato X Haruhiro (Hai to Gensou no Grimgar) 

Best Comedy

Konosuba

Best Drama

Erased 

Best Fight

Gate Season 2 - That Dragon Fight! 

Best Art Direction Hai to Gensou no Grimgar
Best Soundtrack SHOKUGEKI NO SOUMA: Ni no Sara
Best Surprise Re:Zero 
Biggest Disappointment Mayoiga
Best Feel Good Show Tanaka-kun wa itsumo kedaruge

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

I was surprised how good Fate Grand Order First Order was! That awesome fight scene from caster and archer!

And look at this!!!! I wish future fate series had casters like him. Not so much as dark magic, more of elemental magic!

^Yummy! Gotta love the Fate series abs!!! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Today is the day Hand Shakers and Kemono Friends have to show if they can keep what they promise.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

AOTY  Jojo Part 4
Best Boy  Kira Yoshikage
Best Girl  Felix Argyle
Best OP  Jojo Part 4 OP. 3-Great Days
Best ED  Space Patrol Luluco- Pipo Password
Favorite Cast  Jojo Part 4 gang
Favorite Ship  Nagisa x Kayano (AssClass)
Best Comedy  Konosuba
Best Drama  Erased
Best Fight  Kira Yoshikage vs Josuke Higashikata frim Jojo Part 4
Best Art Direction  Mob Psycho 100
Best Soundtrack  Jojo Part 4
Best Surprise  Konosuba
Biggest Disappointment  Berserk (2016)
Best Feel Good Show  tanaka-kun wa itsumo kedaruge

vivster said:
Versus_Evil said:
Calling it now, the award for the most underrated anime for Winter 2017 will go..... Hand Shakers.

If anything it's going to be overrated. The direction and writing will most likely not live up to the striking visuals.

And then I looked at the director and felt instantly justified in my assumption. He's the guy responsible for my second worst rated anime of all time, Coppelion.

Now the only hope is that the source material is good enough to not let him fuck it up too much.

Perfect prediction right there, dude. Style over substance and then they even fuck up the style and make it look weird.

Fan service won't save this one.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Hand Shakers is the most hilarious comedy of the season.

Versus_Evil said:

ACCA 13 - that OP was beautiful. 

Was a slow and calm first episode, pretty good tho, deffinitly wont be for everyone.

I was pretty put off by the art and didn't watch it. Am I missing something?

Versus_Evil said:
Shadow8 said:

TRIGGER saving anime once again. LWA was great, glad they finally decided to give it an actual series instead of another special.

Just a shame i cant watch it on the TV in all its glory, netflix holding it hostage for 3 months.

PC ----HDMI----> TV

Versus_Evil said:

Just a shame i cant watch it on the TV in all its glory, netflix holding it hostage for 3 months.

Yeah I'm annoyed with that too. If they're gonna do anime, they should do it right.

I have a soft rule against using sites like this, but if you have a Wii U or PS4, Anime-Heaven works pretty slick on the console Internet browser. I used it back when I didn't sub to places to watch anime. It's not perfect, but you can watch on the TV at least.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Maidragon had a rough start but it's Kyoani and it will probably get better with more introduced characters.