By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

kyokusanagi said:
Getting ready to have a anime day with my friends :)

Watching Ranma?  I loved that series.  It probably doesn't get the credit it deserves in today's anime circles.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
kyokusanagi said:

Watching Ranma?  I loved that series.  It probably doesn't get the credit it deserves in today's anime circles.

Well if you look at it without nostalgia goggles it's really not that good. It's kinda fun but overall there is so much better stuff. And I say that as someone who really enjoyed it in my youth and even had fun rewatching it a few years ago.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
pokoko said:

Well if you look at it without nostalgia goggles it's really not that good. It's kinda fun but overall there is so much better stuff. And I say that as someone who really enjoyed it in my youth and even had fun rewatching it a few years ago.

I rewatched it recently and I thought it was very good.  I hadn't seen all of it the first time around and what I had seen, I'd mostly forgotten.  Amazingly enough, it's still rather unique.  The relationship between the two main characters is also more dynamic than what we usually see today and I wish there were more anime like that.  Of course, as with many long running series, it did have too much filler content but it's still enjoyable when taken as a whole.  The blend of action and romance is something most anime fails at in comparison.

The finale for Ajin was great. Highly recommend it since the suspense and action is really well done ...

pokoko said:
kyokusanagi said:

Sorry for the late reply, i just woke up after a long day yesterday watching anime :)

I'm glad you like it, i watched it 2 years ago and i want it to relive the OVAs.                             

Xbox live: kyokusanagiii    Watching: Patlabor The Mobile Police (OAV 1)

Around the Network
vivster said:
pokoko said:

I notice something too, when you watch an anime many times you can see the flaws and other stuff too but i think is normal.

I watched this when i was little but never finish it until 2 years ago, I got to watch everything and even with a rating 7 out of 10 and OVAs 8 out of 10 as pokoko said "  Amazingly enough, it's still rather unique." 

Versus_Evil said:

Haifuri episode 1...... I think this pic sums it up best...

I will sign that. I think it's great that all these moe shows still try to give themselves an interesting spin. Arpeggio and Kantai Collection were unique in their own way as well.

Also can't wait for the new Strike Witches!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Just finish this one

Misaki Chronicles rating (7) year 2004

Plot Summary: Misaki Kureha trains to become a soldier at the Allied Forces Military Academy in hopes of one day to better understand her father who dyed in a military accident. This is the time period that Lyar and the other first find when they return from Watchers Nest. The ghoul are believed to be the cause of the phenomenon. In response Lyar and Kotoko-01 are getting set for the dangerous mission to attempt to get through the green haze around the earth to find out what happened.

So does anybody have a favorite OP and/or ED this season already?

My favorite Op is Jojo Part 4's OP because of how groovy and catchy it is, also it goes well with Josuke in the first half of Part 4 too.

As for favorite ED, I'll go with Space Patrol Luluco's ED because it's just so captivating and I could listen to it for hours!

I dont know if i have a favorite OP but Kuma Miko's ED is fun

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!