By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

fatslob-:O said:
Ajin has been really great so far ...

Yes it has! Even though I read the manga, I still get surprised in some of the scenes. Im also getting used to this art style. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
pokoko said:

I'd also suggest Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?.  It's really good and I think you'd like the MMO-type aspects.

If you want to watch an anime with MMO aspects then Log Horizon is a far better choice

Might as well, tell him to watch sword art online xD

I'm kidding, I enjoyed gun gale though (mainly because of sinon)

But no really he should watch no game no life too.

BasilZero said:
Shadow8 said:

Enjoy it and welcome :)! The Chunin Exam arc is amazing and you'll definetely enjoy that so keep going. Seeing as you are watching db, 1peace and naruto, may I also recommend Bleach. It's a lot like the other 3 and personally does a few things better, just skip the fillers though since they're not part of the main story and aren't that good. There are some others I'd like to recommend that are like those, but you have your hands full for awhile xD.

I think I'm done with the Chunin Exam Arc. RIP Hokage ;(

Also I watched Bleach so many years ago - couldnt get past episode 3 (i wasnt interested back then) but I will watch it now - need to watch Fairy tale too!

Go ahead and recommend xD - I'm gonna add them to my wishlist.

Here's my MAL: http://myanimelist.net/profile/BasilZero
Here's my AP: http://www.anime-planet.com/users/BasilZero

I took a three year hiatus from anime but have gotten back into it recently.

Allright I'll recommend a few more Shonen and seinen, since that's what you're watching:

HunterxHunter (the First arc might seem childish at first, but it really isn't and the Chimera Ant Arc is arguably the Best Shonen Arc imo)

Fairy tale (if you know going in what yo expect you'll enjoy it, especially the 2 arcs after the coliseum arc, they have been great)

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (this one is much shorter since they've only animated 3 parts so far and also the art style may put you off at first, but you'll soon see that it gives the show it's charm )

Parasyte (this one is really short and has a really well done premise, that makes you want to hug the mc, because everything that can go wrong...goes wrong)

Tokyo ghoul (though I'd recommend the manga since the anime kinda ruined it, it's still quite enjoyable and is very similar to parasyte)

Gintama (hilarious, basically imagine an anime Deadpool and you get the mc from this show)

Beelzebub (the anime was also ruined and I'd recommend the manga since the anime never truly finished snd it's also very funny)

If you Don't Mind Sports shonen, then I'd also recommend 

Hajime no Ippo (The definition of a perfect sports anime and just an amazing an anime in general, even if you don't care for boxing you'll enjoy this a lot)

Slam dunk and Kuroko no basket ( both are about basketball, but slam dunk is more for true basketball fans since they play normal basketball, but kuroko is more for people that like shonen since they have some type of special ability to help them win)

I see your watching the monogatari series, which is pretty sweet, gotta get ready for the movie :) Arararagi kun Is a great mc.

Edit: Forgot to mention Assassination Classroom (its one of the few shows that introduces a large cast and does it extremely well and it has Koro Sensei)

Almost every anime that tries to depict an MMO is really bad at it ...

Overlord (immediately ditches the virtual setting) and DanMachi (comparable to a real-time tabletop RPG without going into other mechanics) are the biggest offenders ...

SAO and LH are much less severe than the two mentioned above but even they go in assuming that the viewer frequently has knowledge of MMORPGs ...

Accel World hands down destroys everyone else since it's the most well rounded of the bunch when it comes to representing multiplayer online virtual games. It covers quite a bit of everything about MMOs and the writers don't leave any of the in-game mechanics unexplained so I think it does the most amount of justice for MMOs ...

I don't know crap about POS2 since I dropped it this season and .hack was always weak when it came to it's gaming aspects ...

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:

Don't forget the complete lack of likeable characters though...

Likeable is determined on an individual basis ...

Ka-pi96 said:
fatslob-:O said:
Accel World hands down destroys everyone else since it's the most well rounded of the bunch when it comes to representing multiplayer online virtual games. It covers quite a bit of everything about MMOs and the writers don't leave any of the in-game mechanics unexplained so I think it does the most amount of justice for MMOs ..

Don't forget the complete lack of likeable characters though...

Just like a real MMO!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I'm currently not in the love mood, I kinda want to throw my girlfriend in front of a bus right now.... however konosuba is hilarious and I'm in a better mode now. Watch konosuba if you haven't already. comedy gold!

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Oh no...it's that time of year again D:
Kidding, anyways I'll choose Saber from the fate/series

You just can't not love her you know and she is just so cute when they're having fun xD

Out of the characters you listed I would say...... ASUNA!!!!!!

Pocky Lover Boy!