By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

Satisfying final episode to Arslan. I hope a second season gets made eventually. Obviously the content is there. I guess we just have to hope that bluray/DVD sales are good.

I also watched episode nine AKA the last episode of God Eater until whenever the collection drops, and although it was a decent episode, I just got pissed off again seeing the stupid end preview for episodes 10 - 13 and that "Coming this Winter" bs.

Around the Network
uran10 said:

SAO 1 rushed

SAO 1 is most certainly not rushed ... 

fatslob-:O said:
uran10 said:

SAO 1 rushed

SAO 1 is most certainly not rushed ... 

I'm sure they adapted the LN perfectly then instead of cramming the huge aincrad arc into 12 episodes... oh wait they did exactly that. That's what you call rushed.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Well that Gakkou Gurashi ended anticlimactic. Though I really hope there's going to be a sequel. It's the best made zombie anything.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

uran10 said:

I'm sure they adapted the LN perfectly then instead of cramming the huge aincrad arc into 12 episodes... oh wait they did exactly that. That's what you call rushed.

FYI, Aincrad lasted 2 volumes plus some side stories ...

SAO 1 adapted 4 volumes ... (1200 pages - 48 pages/episode)

SAO 2 adapted adapted 3 volumes ... (1000 pages - 42 pages/episode)

SAO 1 isn't anymore rushed than SAO 2 was ... 

The Aincrad Arc isn't as huge as anyone made it out to be plus the excuse that it's rushed is only something a negative nancy of the series would use to attack it ... 

Around the Network

What I'm watching now:

Good anime! You'll love it

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo AKA The Pet Girl of Sakurasou

So, after getting some time to finish and start some shows I've been meaning to, I'll put together my thoughts on the shows from this season I watched, and a few from previous seasons that I didn't watch until now

Okusama ga Seitokaichou! - I have no idea how I ended up watching this.  Saw it on Crunchyroll and finished it in a day.  Nice and short ecchi with enough fanservice to please people who enjoy the genre, though it didn't leave much of an impact on me.  Got me reading the manga though so 7/10

Sword Art Online 2 - I'm really late to this party but I recently got the chance to watch SAO II and I ended up coming to the same consensus as with the last season.  I enjoyed the first half but the second half bogged it down for me.  I'll give it props for having a character that I really liked, that being Sinon, since watching her grow and develop was nice to see.  Overall, nice animation and sound but it doesn't have anything special to make me go crazy for it.  6.5/10

Monster Musume - I had absolutely no interest in this show when I first heard it but I'm glad I watched it.  I enjoyed the crazy antics of the monster girls and their probably some of my favorite females in a harem show (though that's not saying much since I don't watch many).  The comedy of the show was well executed and the fanservice fit better than I thought.  One of my favorites of the season.  Papi best girl 8/10

Gakkou Gurashi - I loved the spin this show took on the conventional slice of life genre.  I liked the characters and wanted to see them survive to the next episode and the animation is simplistic, yet very appealing.  The pacing was handled well (which in a show like this can make or break it) and the conclusion, while not the one I was hoping for, was wrapped up well enough to leave me satisfied.  Hoping to see a second season still.  8.5/10

Himouto! Umaru-chan - Probably my favorite comedy show of the season, I really enjoyed this show.   The characters were fun, Umaru-chan herself was memorable and the comedy almost always made me laugh.  I have some minor qualms with it, but never did these problems detract from my overall enjoyment of the show 8/10

Gate - Still haven't finished it.  About 5 episodes in and I'm liking it.  I'll probably update this when I finish

Diamond no Ace - The first sports anime I've seen and I love it.  Characters are all great and memorable, the story while cliche has its moments and the animation is stellar.  Can't wait to start watching the second season. 8/10

Toradora - I still wonder why I never watched this show sooner.  I absolutely love almost everything about from the characters, the story, the romance to the amazing set points and emotional moments that really got me feeling for the characters on screen.  The first show that I finished in a day and I do not regret it.  Toradora has become one of my personal favorite animes.  9.5/10

I'm missing quite a few shows from this season (Charlotte, Rokka no Yusha, Food Wars) but I'm hoping to get around to seeing them.  Also, if you read this entire wall of text, thanks for hearing me out.

PixelPerfect said:

Toradora - I still wonder why I never watched this show sooner.  I absolutely love almost everything about from the characters, the story, the romance to the amazing set points and emotional moments that really got me feeling for the characters on screen.  The first show that I finished in a day and I do not regret it.  Toradora has become one of my personal favorite animes.  9.5/10

I'm missing quite a few shows from this season (Charlotte, Rokka no Yusha, Food Wars) but I'm hoping to get around to seeing them.  Also, if you read this entire wall of text, thanks for hearing me out.

First, Toradora: I'm glad I wasn't the only one who was late to the party here. It really was a fantastic anime, and I'm glad I randomly clicked on it a few days ago.

For the second bit, prioritize Food Wars. Trust me. Charlotte and Rokka are fine, but Food Wars is amazing. It's weird, but in one of those really well done ways. Food anime may never be this good again.