By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: EA Access Doesn't "Represent Good Value To The PlayStation Gamer"

cpg716 said:
BillyBong said:
cpg716 said:
If EA Access is not a good value for customers.. Then PS Now is HIGHWAY robbery.. For the 30 day price of EA Access (access to several games) you get just about 4 HOURS with a PS Now game... 1 game.. 4 hours.. how is that for VALUE!

Still hoping Sony announces a subscription based option for PS Now. $14.99/month is even fine. I pay $25 a month for GameFly (thought I can get new games for all systems) so I don't think $9.99-$14.99 is bad for PS Now.

why do people still complain about this?  the pricing hasn't yet been set nor is the service even available yet.  beta is still messing with different pricing models.  you're pitting an argument on a placeholder price vs something that's already set and fixed..

I am just talking about VALUE.  Actually. Both services are in BETA.. So nothing is set in stone. But the fact is .. RIGHT NOW at this very moment a better VALUE option is EA Access.

While PS Now is in BETA it will CHARGE me those prices to use the service right now.  All I was talking about is VALUE.

I am not even comparing the two services. As they are TWO very different things. Just the VALUE of it all. As that was what SONY responded with. That it did not offer "VALUE for gamers". 

how is that value when you are paying to play a limited amount of new gen games only from EA and they are not even new titles, mind you?  PsNow will be offering a catalog of older games now playable on new gen.. and not just on your ps4 but other Sony devices.. that's quite a value for those who didn't have a ps3/ps2 all last gen.. or for those who won't be buying a new gen console at all, but would still love to play those games.  there's a difference in what they both are offering.

Man.. I hate it when your girl has to leave my place to come back to you..

Around the Network
Azerth said:

sure they are pushing the more mp titles but gold is not reguried like you said it is.  if i dont have gold i can still use ea access 

to play MP you will.. what's the point of BF4 if not for MP?  What's the point of Fifa & Madden if not for MP?  Sure some fun can be had with friends over.. but the game's longevity and replayability lies within MP.

Azerth said:
BillyBong said:
Azerth said:

you only need gold for the multiplayer parts of games not the service 

http://www.vg247.com/2014/07/30/you-dont-need-xbox-gold-for-ea-access-unless-you-play-online/

that's what I'm talking about.  Look at their lineup?  BF4?  Fifa?  Madden?  Most are made and catered to the MP crowd..

sure they are pushing the more mp titles but gold is not reguried like you said it is.  if i dont have gold i can still use ea access 

Plus, I see Fifa and Madden as local multiplayer games since that's what's constantly played in college dorms. Getting EA access for those and more to come seems great to me. But I guess there's just some people who prefer Sony speaking for them.

TheTwilightTriforce said:
melbye said:
How fantastic, EA already fucked up their relationship with Nintendo and now they are doing the same with Sony

It's absolutely clear that Sony doesen't wanted EA Access on PlayStation, because Sony believe it's not a good service for PlayStation!!!

Bingo.

The service may be good for some users, but its competition and potentially hurts Playstation Plus. This is why Sony turned it down.

Even this FlamingWeasel alt gets it.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

NiKKoM said:

i actually hope its a first step for  publishers to create their own store on XBL, PSN etc.. being forced to only use 1 store isn't good.. choice is good.. if I don't like netflix i can go to amazon prime or itunes...

i really wished Amazon would offer directly digital games to our consoles.. So that when Sony's price is too high for a game you could buy it cheaper at Amazon.

EA probably cut a good deal with MS which Sony wouldn't/couldn't/ didn't want to..

THIS!

Ultimately for digital games to work something akin to this is going to have to happen. Digital games will need to be exposed to the same competition in pricing that physical games are. On exactly the same cycle publishers would still wind up with more due to the lack of a need for a physical retail chain.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:
BillyBong said:
cpg716 said:
If EA Access is not a good value for customers.. Then PS Now is HIGHWAY robbery.. For the 30 day price of EA Access (access to several games) you get just about 4 HOURS with a PS Now game... 1 game.. 4 hours.. how is that for VALUE!

Still hoping Sony announces a subscription based option for PS Now. $14.99/month is even fine. I pay $25 a month for GameFly (thought I can get new games for all systems) so I don't think $9.99-$14.99 is bad for PS Now.

why do people still complain about this?  the pricing hasn't yet been set nor is the service even available yet.  beta is still messing with different pricing models.  you're pitting an argument on a placeholder price vs something that's already set and fixed..

What kind of beta robs it's testers?

a tester who wanted to play a last gen game on their new gen console?  what would you pay to be able to play your 360 games on your x1? 

BillyBong said:
Azerth said:

to play MP you do, right? 

ok this was my bad i missread your post sry

BillyBong said:
jlmurph2 said:
BillyBong said:

What kind of beta robs it's testers?

a tester who wanted to play a last gen game on their new gen console?  what would you pay to be able to play your 360 games on your x1? 

I damn sure wouldn't pay $5 for a 4 hour demo

ErwinMoC said:
Mr Puggsly said:
bananaking21 said:

i guess choices now are a good thing eh? didnt see you fighting the good fight back in the day when Kinect was mandetory. in fact, you were all in for it. wonder why. 

We were all in for Kinect being mandatory like all Sony fans were in for a $599 PS3.

Over time, that problem got fixed.

There was nothing wrong with the $599 price tag and people who still say that have no idea what was inside the PS3.

It didn't matter what was inside the PS3. The price tag was ridiculous for a game console with visuals at par with the 360.

This is why the PS3 didn't thrive until they fixed that problem.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
TheTwilightTriforce said:
melbye said:
How fantastic, EA already fucked up their relationship with Nintendo and now they are doing the same with Sony

It's absolutely clear that Sony doesen't wanted EA Access on PlayStation, because Sony believe it's not a good service for PlayStation!!!

Bingo.

The service may be good for some users, but its competition and potentially hurts Playstation Plus. This is why Sony turned it down.

Even this FlamingWeasel alt gets it.

Thanks ;)