By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One Lunar White Controller (Review) | ZyroXZ2

First things first: I've moved to a new video editing suite. This is my first use of it, so I wouldn't mind some feedback on the new transitions! The new software is still cheap, but far more advanced than what I was using before!

Of course, the important bit is what this video is about: it's also my first Xbox One game review! So what do I think about the revival of the Killer Instinct franchise? Watch it and find out!

Enjoy!

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/
Around the Network

Thought the review was good maybe a little to short but I guess that is fine for Killer Instinct.. Just try to find a unique feature for yourself that make you videos unique because honestly we already have a lot of reviewers but if it is more of a hobby and don't want to make a full time job of it you don't need to change anything :).

GamechaserBE said:
Thought the review was good maybe a little to short but I guess that is fine for Killer Instinct.. Just try to find a unique feature for yourself that make you videos unique because honestly we already have a lot of reviewers but if it is more of a hobby and don't want to make a full time job of it you don't need to change anything :).

A lot of it is learning this new software, but of course, I learned it in full for Thursdays Wii U episode special!

My game reviews are more part of the channel than they are the purpose of the channel, though  FYI, all of my episodes/videos are 5 minutes or less on purpose!

^^/

Great review on KI, cant wait for season 2 xD However i dont think you can buy the customizations with real money. Not that im aware of anyways,and it isnt too hard to unlock a lot of it. Just depends on how much youre planning on playing with one character.

Other than that i noticed youre one of those people who likes to jump a lot lol

JayWood2010 said:

Great review on KI, cant wait for season 2 xD However i dont think you can buy the customizations with real money. Not that im aware of anyways,and it isnt too hard to unlock a lot of it. Just depends on how much youre planning on playing with one character.

Other than that i noticed youre one of those people who likes to jump a lot lol

Lmao, well... Jumping a lot has its benefits  It really depends on the character, though, but it's more that you cannot be opened upon when you're hit in the air (meaning you can't start a combo on someone in the air, at least not a long one since you only can maybe get a few juggle hits), and it also is an opener for yourself if you land a hit!

If you must know, though, I started jumping more when I played with my friend because he's a jumper, and hitting him was easiest by jumping and hitting him in the air, hahaha

^^/
Around the Network
ZyroXZ2 said:
JayWood2010 said:

Lmao, well... Jumping a lot has its benefits  It really depends on the character, though, but it's more that you cannot be opened upon when you're hit in the air (meaning you can't start a combo on someone in the air, at least not a long one since you only can maybe get a few juggle hits), and it also is an opener for yourself if you land a hit!

If you must know, though, I started jumping more when I played with my friend because he's a jumper, and hitting him was easiest by jumping and hitting him in the air, hahaha

What's your online rank?  Once you start getting to higher ranks you cant jump like that as much, people will start to make you pay for that (Unless youre sadira).  But yeah, i was like, wow look at him jump xD  

JayWood2010 said:
ZyroXZ2 said:
JayWood2010 said:

What's your online rank?  Once you start getting to higher ranks you cant jump like that as much, people will start to make you pay for that (Unless youre sadira).  But yeah, i was like, wow look at him jump xD  

I'll admit my online rank is still low, but I also didn't spend a lot of time in it, and ended up mostly playing with my friend because we both recognize the Killer Instinct franchise and wanted to get back into it, lol

I actually have some devious methods for tricking people into thinking I'm going to open with a jump and have faked out more than just a few players, but I already make people pay for jumping myself with Glacious evil airborne reach-sickles xD

... The other issue is that the analog stick isn't perfectly above my thumb like on the Gamepad/Wii U Pro controller, so sometimes I actually jump when I did not intend to when pushing the stick left (because my thumb goes perfectly left by habit, which is ACTUALLY left-up diagonal).  The same occurs when facing right and I often crouch unintentionally  Truth be told, haha

^^/

Nice KI review

Good review of KI there man.

My main gripe is that i own the combo pack, but would love to now get the ultra pack in order to play the original Killer Instinct.

Problem is, instead of just having to pay the difference to upgrade, they want the full £33.99 out of me.......... well screw that, i'll wait until the Ultra pack is on sale.

Ronster316 said:

Can you not just buy KI1 as a standalone item?

@Zyro, oh i use d-pad but hey as long as youre having fun man thats all that matters xD