By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Israel-Palestine Conflict: The Full Explanation.

ArnoldRimmer said:
sales2099 said:
I just don't see why the Jewish people can't have just one state they can call their own. There are so many Islamic states, and they just can't stand the thought of another religion occupying their region. I mean the jews are the most persecuted people in history, and now they face their greatest threat yet.

There are so many christian countries and countries where people speak english - if aliens/mexicans/chinese/whatever invaded and decided to take over the US and drive the residents out, would you simply say "ah, that's fine - there are so many other christian countries in the world, I'll just go there and let the aliens have their own state!" And do you seriously think the people in these other countries would happily welcome millions of homeless hungry US-americans with open arms, just because you're officially a christian (at least on paper)?

Well for one, there are no "Christian" countries. There are countries with a Christian majority though.  Not like the many Islamic states and the one Jewish state, where religion and politics are one and the same.

Well, Israel was established in the 40's. That's plenty time. Just saying this is the only Jewish state on the planet, while there are plenty Islamic states, and they just can't stand the thought of a Jewish state even existing. I mean the Jews are the most persecuted people in history, and for the life of me, I don't know why that is, but I'm glad they are finally in a position to fight back and call the shots.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

So I've been a lurker on these boards for a long time but just had to register to put in my two cents here.

The truth of the Israel Hamas conflict is a lot more simple than people make it out to be. Hamas, the terrorist group, thinks that they deserve to have the "Holy Land." They believe they are God's (Allah's) chosen people and that the Jews do not deserve to be there. They consider them occupiers, and Hamas has outright said that there will not be peace until the Jews are gone.

Whichever side you fall on, that's what's going on there. Hamas endlessly attacks them, and Israel to their credit holds back a ton. If they were the murderers people try to claim, they could destroy Gaza no problem. Instead, they hold back. They gave a warning to all Gaza citizens before the invasion began telling them to get out for their own safety. They even "knock" first by giving a warning shot before actually bombing a building, giving civilians a chance to get out. You can see that in action here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doYmYby_7mk

You can even see how precise it hits the target; the building next to it remains untouched. That is how the IDF operates. The reason that children are being killed are because Hamas sets up their rockets in schools and hospitals. They force Israel's hand so that they can then release pictures of the dead bodies to get people upset. To them, it is jihad, meaning they died in tribute to Allah. Dying for Allah is the greatest honor they have. Life does not mean to them what it does to us; if it did, they would stop the conflict!

Make no mistake. If Hamas declared peace today and stopped attacking Israel, nobody else would be killed. None. Hamas is the aggressor, while Israel is defending their people.

So yet again the Israeli Palestinian crisis has flared up. I first heard about it a few days ago and really have avoided any details. I used to be a news junky, but living in china and being sick of reading about all the terrible things I have no impact on, I've largely tuned out of world events.

Somehow it all sounds the same. Happens every few years.

The kids killed in the 80's, in this conflict, have missed out on almost 3 decades of life so far and yet kids are still dying. It's really not worth it. Seems that some politicians would rather be strong macho psychopaths than risk appearing weak by taking the challenge of valuing human life and peace.

i thought people were at least more aware of the nonsense they're being fed by now...

the sad thing is that i can make a comment like this and most wouldn't even understand what i'm alluding to

its one thing to be aware that you don't have the full story or that you're being lied to... but its far worse when you consider that most don't even know that they don't know the full story and are convinced because of propaganda that they understand the truth

o_O.Q said:
i thought people were at least more aware of the nonsense they're being fed by now...

the sad thing is that i can make a comment like this and most wouldn't even understand what i'm alluding to

its one thing to be aware that you don't have the full story or that you're being lied to... but its far worse when you consider that most don't even know that they don't know the full story and are convinced because of propaganda that they understand the truth

^ This guy knows how politics work. You either don't have the full story, or you have been lied to.

Why is that? Because you weren't there to see it. Everything you've seen is from the media. Which are basically showing you their opinions of what's happening.

That is why incoming news contradicts with themselves. Well that's what i think of politics atleast :)

Around the Network

You don't even mention the 3 times Jews had established rule. Not one time has the Palestinian people ruled the land. They were nomads. They never had their own central government. I am pretty passionated on this subject because of people like you who twist hatred toward the Jews when all they want is peace. The relevance is the past is pointless seeing as how they are settled.

The simple fact is Hamas is a terrorist organization that has a single goal which is its crusade to destroy Israel. Hamas doesn't want peace with Israel. Hamas only cares for civilian casualities for propaganda and forces them in harm's way. If Hamas cared for peace. If it cared for its people, they wouldn't then be receiving and using thousands of rockets which only gives Israel the right to retaliate. What sense does it make to attack Israel? What sense does it make to instead demand food and medicine instead of rockets? The problem is Iran is using them as a proxy. Iran themselves don't care about the casualities. They use them as propaganda too to try to spread hatred toward the Jews.

Besides, Arab countries prefering to give up munitions than food and medicine, why doesn't Hamas use its time to build homes and businesses instead of elaborate tunnel networks which sole purpose is to attack Israel? Israel wants peace and accepted a two state solution that frankly Hamas never deserved but they refused because they don't want there to ever be a Israel.  Israel doesn't attack for land but only to stop and eliminate the threat. Israel once got attacked by Egypt and gained portions of land ten times it size. They returned it for peace with Egypt. Israel had Gaza and returned it as a gesture for peace with the Palestinian people. What more needs to be said?

Keegs79 said:

You don't even mention the 3 times Jews had established rule. Not one time has the Palestinian people ruled the land. They were nomads. They never had their own central government. I am pretty passionated on this subject because of people like you who twist hatred toward the Jews when all they want is peace. The relevance is the past is pointless seeing as how they are settled.

The simple fact is Hamas is a terrorist organization that has a single goal which is its crusade to destroy Israel. Hamas doesn't want peace with Israel. Hamas only cares for civilian casualities for propaganda and forces them in harm's way. If Hamas cared for peace. If it cared for its people, they wouldn't then be receiving and using thousands of rockets which only gives Israel the right to retaliate. What sense does it make to attack Israel? What sense does it make to instead demand food and medicine instead of rockets? The problem is Iran is using them as a proxy. Iran themselves don't care about the casualities. They use them as propaganda too to try to spread hatred toward the Jews.

Besides, Arab countries prefering to give up munitions than food and medicine, why doesn't Hamas use its time to build homes and businesses instead of elaborate tunnel networks which sole purpose is to attack Israel? Israel wants peace and accepted a two state solution that frankly Hamas never deserved but they refused because they don't want there to ever be a Israel.  Israel doesn't attack for land but only to stop and eliminate the threat. Israel once got attacked by Egypt and gained portions of land ten times it size. They returned it for peace with Egypt. Israel had Gaza and returned it as a gesture for peace with the Palestinian people. What more needs to be said?

Well said!

it isn't about territory it's about jihad

o_O.Q said:

Indeed, the number of one sided views and arguments from both sides is surprising. Well maybe not, it's the internet after all. Instead of using this great tool to get different views on a subject and balance it out in your own mind it's easier to simply re-iterate popular propaganda.

If even we with access to all sides of the story can't come to any sort of understanding or the beginnings of a solution both sides can live with, what hope is there for the people living this nightmare.