By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are you getting any next gen consoles this holiday?

Which one are you getting?

PS4 74 30.83%

Wii U 66 27.50%

Xbox One 19 7.92%

Not getting any of them 81 33.75%

Total:240
ExplodingBlock said:
phaedruss said:
nitekrawler1285 said:
I own no 8th gen home console. The Wii U is the closest to a purchase cause it has the most appealing games for me for the foreseeable future. I only hope Virtua Console has filled out.

Virtual Console is still slim as hell.

Are both of you forgeting that you can go in Wii mode and download ALL of the virtual console games on from Wii including N64 AND Genesis games?

No, but that doesn't change the fact that Nintendo is incredibly slow in putting new games on the Wii U virtual console and when they do some of the games they bring are just...what? Switching to Wii mode is a pain in the ass not to mention you can't use the gamepad as a controller.

Around the Network
phaedruss said:
ExplodingBlock said:
phaedruss said:
nitekrawler1285 said:
I own no 8th gen home console. The Wii U is the closest to a purchase cause it has the most appealing games for me for the foreseeable future. I only hope Virtua Console has filled out.

Virtual Console is still slim as hell.

Are both of you forgeting that you can go in Wii mode and download ALL of the virtual console games on from Wii including N64 AND Genesis games?

No, but that doesn't change the fact that Nintendo is incredibly slow in putting new games on the Wii U virtual console and when they do some of the games they bring are just...what? Switching to Wii mode is a pain in the ass not to mention you can't use the gamepad as a controller.

Still, classic controllers are very cheap nowadays and I would actually perfer using it in non wii u games

ExplodingBlock said:

Still, classic controllers are very cheap nowadays and I would actually perfer using it in non wii u games

I have a classic pro (I think, the one you have to connect to a wiimote) but if you're telling me you'd rather use that than the gamepad to control them then I'd have to say you're a liar.

Have PS4, WiiU and good PC. Will be set with TLOU:R, Infamous DLC, Destiny, Drive, Civiliation:BE, Far Cry, and SSB, then next year we have The Order 1886 and Battlefield right off that bat. I think that should how me till mid next year... lol.

So unless XB1 gets some world smashingly awesome exclusive I wont be getting one ( but again am willing if they gets some must have exclusive )

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

bigjon said:
Have PS4, WiiU and good PC. Will be set with TLOU:R, Infamous DLC, Destiny, Drive, Civiliation:BE, Far Cry, and SSB, then next year we have The Order 1886 and Battlefield right off that bat. I think that should how me till mid next year... lol.

So unless XB1 gets some world smashingly awesome exclusive I wont be getting one ( but again am willing if they gets some must have exclusive )

Don't forget Bloodborne sometime in the spring.

Around the Network
phaedruss said:
bigjon said:

Don't forget Bloodborne sometime in the spring.

I am intrigued by that one, but it really depends where I am with my gaming backlog, who knows I could get hooked on Destiny for a few months and spend most of next year catching up..... lol

bigjon said:

I am intrigued by that one, but it really depends where I am with my gaming backlog, who knows I could get hook on Destiny for a few months and spend most of last year catching up..... lol

Eh, don't waste your time on a generic MMO. Believe me I wasted a year on WoW, was not worth it.

phaedruss said:
bigjon said:

I am intrigued by that one, but it really depends where I am with my gaming backlog, who knows I could get hook on Destiny for a few months and spend most of last year catching up..... lol

Eh, don't waste your time on a generic MMO. Believe me I wasted a year on WoW, was not worth it.

Ya just got done with 3 months of FF14.... and ya lucky it was a slow period so I have been able to catch up on the main games I missed (Infamous, Wolfenstein, and Tomb Raider all of which were very fun and in different ways) the past few weeks with my wife and kids out of town.

Fifaguy360 said:

PS4, only if the price drops back to $399 here in Canada.

What is it right now?

Alrady got a WiiU. Not able to justify the purchase of another gaming system.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.