By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - More Charts! Japanese & Combined J & NA Charts too!

I was excited to post these today. A few people wanted them, and I felt they might be pretty important to those that care: Please note, these are now clickable formats vs. just posting images.

The reason? You can see the charts a bit better....Which is MUCH needed in Japan, as it's impossible to view X360/PS3 sales in small sizes.

The first chart: Japanese chart from the first week in November (a week before the PS3 launch). Huge numbers for the Wii, and obvious horrid preformance for the PS3.  

If Gundam Mousou was taken out, the 360 would of sold within 50k of the PS3s software! Wow! Obviously, the Wii is the only major system (although its sales only now have begun to do great...Since Dec. as you can see, sales haven't been strong till SPM)

http://www.realestatecircleville.com/software3.gif

I assure you this link works. *edit* friggin' server is disconnected, had to re-upload to another namesite.

Next chart: A combined American and Japanese week-by-week chart, with respective launches and LTD totals for November and December. I

added every week VGChartz had for American, took their figures for Nov/Dec and averaged them, and we get our numbers for the holidays. Notable software titles, and the 2 uber-weeks for Wii shipments in Japan are noted. Again, Wii Sports is not counted in the US ONLY.

It is counted in Japan, as people buy it. No one probably likes this, but I feel its the best way to show sales (to be fair, the 360 has sold a few hundred thousand pack-in titles for CoD2, and other titles, as almost every system I see now offers a free game).

http://www.realestatecircleville.com/software4.gif

Again, 1 week in November only features the 360. If you wanted to edit numbers (for your own counting), take off 874,000 software units that week (X360 software sales divided by 4 weeks in Nov.) Feel free to discuss. I hope everyone enjoys, and is better informed about relative sales for their favorite (or least favorite) consoles.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

Ok, now it works!

They work now. I found & fixed em ASAP.

Wii and 360 neck and neck in the combined charts, interesting.

This is better, much better (now all you need is to add in the other sectors and it'll be perfect)

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

Once ioi gets some reliable data for the sectors, I'll gladly do the charts.