By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Xbox One: A Lying Failure Machine

NobleTeam360 said:

So listening to what the consumer demands is a bad thing.......

They didn't "Listen."  They did what they had to so Xbox would still exist.  

Let's say there is this guy who robs a store every day, but also relies on it for food.  Eventually he realizes the store will go out of business if he robs it every day, so he decides to stop or he won't have anything to eat.  He didn't stop because he listened to what the storeowners wanted, he stopped because he had no other choice.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Hes saying Microsoft lied multiple times and when they got caught and met the lynch mob the changed their ways. They saw that Sony was winning the gamers back over by the load and so they turned the Xbone into a less powerful PS4. They lost focus on the gaming aspect of things for the TV and then went full 180. MS would not have listened to shit if they were ahead of Sony. Members of MS were actually arguing with fans about it until they finally gave in. They never listened to consumer demand...the jig was just up. They couldn't lie about Kinect any longer and they had to drop DRM before they lost their fans and Gamestop lowered the amount of pre orders they would take in. MS pissed almost everyone off  in that period of time.

MS's constant lying caused him to put MS on his shit list, but everything he said was true (when you take away the emotional ranting)

Yup.  And yet somehow people buy this thing...

wyluzuj said:

Agree on every single point with the guy from the vid.

Imo MS is not listenig to their fans, they even didn't apologise for lying. They just want to push the sale numbers, thats all.

I honestly would be fine with the X1 if they would have just come out and said "We thought we knew better, but we didn't and we are sorry.  You were right, but we do have a lot of talented people and great games that weren't getting the attention they deserved.  Now they will!  Game on!"

Captain_Tom said:
wyluzuj said:

Imo MS is not listenig to their fans, they even didn't apologise for lying. They just want to push the sale numbers, thats all.

I honestly would be fine with the X1 if they would have just come out and said "We thought we knew better, but we didn't and we are sorry.  You were right, but we do have a lot of talented people and great games that weren't getting the attention they deserved.  Now they will!  Game on!"

They dont have to apologize. All they have to do is admit that it was a mistake and they wont try to enforce that in the future. I dont care if they are sorry, But as long as they admit is a mistake they wont try to do it again.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

LiquorandGunFun said:
i like my xbo, people are too emotional.

he needs to look at the shit firmware support of the ps4 before ranting on xbo.

You mean is shit because it dosent get a lot of updates? There is no need for update when everithing is working as it should be. 

The x1 firmware was so shit that they have to do something copyed from sony month after month just to stay relevan, and still get pumeled every month in sales.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
fps_d0minat0r said:
NobleTeam360 said:

"We shouldn't be thankful for them backpedaling and doing the bare minimum, they should be thankful that we still support them now after all they've done."

What else should they do? Since apparently everything they have done up to this ponit is the "bare minimum".

eva01beserk said:
Captain_Tom said:
wyluzuj said:

They dont have to apologize. All they have to do is admit that it was a mistake and they wont try to enforce that in the future. I dont care if they are sorry, But as long as they admit is a mistake they wont try to do it again.

But it was not an mistake in their opinion, just bad communication ... ridiculous !

LiquorandGunFun said:
i like my xbo, people are too emotional.

he needs to look at the shit firmware support of the ps4 before ranting on xbo.

Indeed, excellent irony ^,^

NobleTeam360 said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
NobleTeam360 said:

"We shouldn't be thankful for them backpedaling and doing the bare minimum, they should be thankful that we still support them now after all they've done."

What else should they do? Since apparently everything they have done up to this ponit is the "bare minimum".

Theres a few more "bare minimum" things they could do:

1) Sell the xbox one for less than the PS4. Without kinect, the PS4 and xbox are almost the same. The only difference is the GPU and RAM which are weaker in the x1. Selling it at the same price as the PS4 is a joke.

2) Get games with gold on the 360 to beat PS+ on PS3... that might not help the X1 directly, but there will be better expectations of it.

3) Stop talking about the cloud. Its not going to do anything special for the X1. Maybe if they get something worth showing, they can use it next gen.

4) Tell everyone that the parity clause has been scrapped.

5) Make sure twitter staff dont make silly tweets like saying everyone thinks xbox exclusives are better.

After all that they would be on the same level as the competition. Once they do that, then they can think of ways about how they can exceed the competitors. Still got a lot of work to do.

fps_d0minat0r said:

Theres a few more "bare minimum" things they could do:

1) Sell the xbox one for less than the PS4. Without kinect, the PS4 and xbox are almost the same. The only difference is the GPU and RAM which are weaker in the x1. Selling it at the same price as the PS4 is a joke.

2) Get games with gold on the 360 to beat PS+ on PS3... that might not help the X1 directly, but there will be better expectations of it.

3) Stop talking about the cloud. Its not going to do anything special for the X1. Maybe if they get something worth showing, they can use it next gen.

4) Tell everyone that the parity clause has been scrapped.

5) Make sure twitter staff dont make silly tweets like saying everyone thinks xbox exclusives are better.

After all that they would be on the same level as the competition. Once they do that, then they can think of ways about how they can exceed the competitors. Still got a lot of work to do.

So continue making it more like the PS4? (besides the price cut obviously) I agree and said from the begining though that the cloud won't be viable until the next Xbox comes out.