By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Weekly hardware 12 July: PS4 pass Vita, 3DS 150K.

benji232 said:
bubblegamer said:
This website will never stop overtracking the 3DS, will it? We had it at more units sold than Nintendo had even shipped of the damn thing at various points!

Vgchartz was spot on on US data in June for 3DS and Japan is always spot on. So how can this week's numbers be completely off? Besides, they DID adjust the 3ds sales numbers a while ago to match Nintendo's shipments.

One word: Europe. Yeah they had adjusted the 3DS down a couple months ago but then 3 weeks or so ago they adjusted it back up several 100k in Europe.

You tell me if you think that it's reasonable that the 3DS would be up over 60% in the first half of 2014 compared to 2013 in France. For me that seems highly unlikely.

Around the Network

I'm scared that Wii U will hit the floor like a rock and go back to 20k, but hopefully it will stay there until September when it rises for the bigger games.

nice

Xevross said:

Yeah there's no way to know for sure really, we can get a good idea from shipment numbers though.

Either way ... GO PS4!

:)

The PS5 Exists. 

Ka-pi96 said:
WhiteEaglePL said:
Xenostar said:
I see past numbers have been updated to show X1 didnt win a single week in June in the USA

X1 looks to be in trouble, until the MC Collection :D

Don't be so sure. Madden in August will move some consoles in the US. Then in September it's got Destiny and FIFA. October will have Sunset and possibly GTA V as well as myriad other games.

Oops, forgot about Destiny fifa and cod :P

GribbleGrunger said:
Xevross said:

Yeah there's no way to know for sure really, we can get a good idea from shipment numbers though.

Either way ... GO PS4!

:)

lol yeah, nothing stopping the PS4 train!

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
benji232 said:
bubblegamer said:
This website will never stop overtracking the 3DS, will it? We had it at more units sold than Nintendo had even shipped of the damn thing at various points!

Vgchartz was spot on on US data in June for 3DS and Japan is always spot on. So how can this week's numbers be completely off? Besides, they DID adjust the 3ds sales numbers a while ago to match Nintendo's shipments.

One word: Europe. Yeah they had adjusted the 3DS down a couple months ago but then 3 weeks or so ago they adjusted it back up several 100k in Europe.

You tell me if you think that it's reasonable that the 3DS would be up over 60% in the first half of 2014 compared to 2013 in France. For me that seems highly unlikely.

If I remember correctly, vgchartz had 3ds undertracked by a lot last year in France. And France is the only place in Europe where Nintendo is performing extremely well. So I wouldn't be surprised. But hey, were going to have shipment data in 10 days so we'll find out soon enough :P. 

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

benji232 said:
DerNebel said:

If I remember correctly, vgchartz had 3ds undertracked by a lot last year in France. And France is the only place in Europe where Nintendo is performing extremely well. So I wouldn't be surprised. But hey, were going to have shipment data in 10 days so we'll find out soon enough :P. 

I guess we will. I could believe that vgchartz has undertracked France last year and that they are now adding last years sales to this year, but I definitely don't believe what vgchartz is showing in France right now.

DerNebel said:
benji232 said:
DerNebel said:

I guess we will. I could believe that vgchartz has undertracked France last year and that they are now adding last years sales to this year, but I definitely don't believe what vgchartz is showing in France right now.

Or perhaps that they did undertrack last year's numbers but never adjusted them (pure speculation on my part) which now makes the YoY percentage look completely off?

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

If i was a hardcore xbox fan that hated playstation and nintendo, i'd probably be having a really bad time right about now.

Sharu said:
WiiU still growing... PS4 got a boost or its just adjustments?

checked my spreadsheet.  ps4 adjusted up ~25% in the US and ~10% in europe over at least the prior 2 weeks.