By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - TitanFall(EA) vs Destiny(Activision)

Ka-pi96 said:
Going exclusive DID do some favours for Titanfall, considering it wouldn't even exist if they hadn't.

Don't know where you are getting that Sunset Overdrive is published by EA, that's not true. It is being published by Microsoft, hence the exclusivity...

And FIFA being regional? Actually it's pretty global and the huge sales numbers it gets every single year show that.

Yes FIFA is actually regional too. But as I pointed out, FiFa and Madden are amongst EAs biggest franchises.

Take FIFA 13, the est selling Fifa so far. It sold 7M. Around 5M (4.8M) of those sales came from Europe. 1M from ROW and 1M from NA+Japan. I think that means its a regional franchise. Though not as bad as madden obviously. but even madden pulls gret numebrs. But my problem with those games are that they aren't even all they can be.

I think I should just edit out the sunset overdrive part.....

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Intrinsic said:

Jeez that was a typo... but thanks so much for nice correcting me.

And I was under the impression that insomniac was still in a publishing partnership with EA. And that EA had first dibs on sunset overdrive but passed up on it.

I think they were, but after Fuse flopped so badly EA didn't want anything to do with them anymore, hence why they made a deal with Microsoft instead.

Oh, so thats what happend. Probably my fault cause i stopped folowing insomniac after Fuse. lol, I really though they were still under contract with EA and MS had a titanfall like deal for sunset overdrive. I stand corrected.

Im not sure if people in this thread realize EA's stock price has gone up by 300% since 2012..........

Intrinsic said:

Yes FIFA is actually regional too. But as I pointed out, FiFa and Madden are amongst EAs biggest franchises.

Take FIFA 13, the est selling Fifa so far. It sold 7M. Around 5M (4.8M) of those sales came from Europe. 1M from ROW and 1M from NA+Japan. I think that means its a regional franchise. Though not as bad as madden obviously. but even madden pulls gret numebrs. But my problem with those games are that they aren't even all they can be.

As in Fifa should somehow sell more in North America and Madden in Europe? 

EA used to make some great games but they made a food one in a while.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network
anamme said:
Intrinsic said:

As in Fifa should somehow sell more in North America and Madden in Europe? 

Is that what you got from that? Did i say they should sell more? I said they aren't all they can be. And that is related to the minimal improvements they make every year to those games. Its like they know they will sell regardless so they just don't bother. FIFA15 still looks and plays like a last gen game. Madden is even worse. 

BenVTrigger said:
Im not sure if people in this thread realize EA's stock price has gone up by 300% since 2012..........

Which is one of the things that concerns me... that just means they would never change.

BenVTrigger said:

And for all their 'missed opportunities,' they have had some astounding successes. Simspons Tapped Out for instance...

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Destiny will absolutely crush Titanfall when they are compared. IMO EA should have funded TitanFall them selfs and not run around looking for a money hat. they should have taken a risk and now it bit them in the ass big time.

EA have tried and proven games and franchises via licence that they make money off. Activision has money to burn from 1 franchise of their own to do this. That is the only difference I see.

FIFA and Madden pays for the development of anything Bioware makes as sadly, they will always outsell a Bioware master piece (and Dragon Age 2). Call of Duty is funding the development of Activision licenced games they have to fulfill (Transformers/Marvel, although I hear the Marvel contract is now over).

But comparing the 2 games is question it was a matter of risk, EA were not willing to put the money in Titalfall due to high risk which is why funding came from elsewhere. Games like Syndicate or Fuse didn't sell many and presumably cost more than they made, they were a risk. EA seem to shy away from that. Activision is playing it safe in many respects with Destiny's development, a big name team and a lot of marketing which has all been gained from yearly CoD games. Their risks are licence games like Transformers or X-men games which would come with some funding from the licence holders..

...Yeah, the above sounds good. I'll go with this.

Hmm, pie.

bananaking21 said:
Destiny will absolutely crush Titanfall when they are compared. IMO EA should have funded TitanFall them selfs and not run around looking for a money hat. they should have taken a risk and now it bit them in the ass big time.

Exactly what I think too. They should have held the game back till the fall too. And made it as good as they possibly could to go head to had with destiny. And I have heard quite a few stories about how this went down. Ranging from EA not being willing to fund the game unless they owned the IP to EA doing that exclusivity deal cause at the time they want to fully get behind MS with their DRM plans,