By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - TLOU Dev Fires Back At Those Who Feel $50 Is Too Much For PS4 Version “It’s a Steal”

I understand why some people don't like the concept of TLOU Remastered, but no one is being forced to buy it. If people are truly dissatisfied with the pricing of TLOU Remastered, they will vote with their wallets. How much value a product has depends on the person. However, one person seeing said product as a ripoff does not mean it's a ripoff to other people. A product would only truly be a ripoff if it is universally accepted as such. What I'm seeing here is one person who see TLOU Remastered as a ripoff while other people don't see it as such.

To the person who doesn't like the concept of TLOU Remastered: Yeah, we get it. You don't like it, but to repeat your narrative as if you're speaking for all of us is outright silly. You saying that it is a ripoff does not mean it is truly a ripoff because it is not universally accepted as such!

Around the Network
spemanig said:
Ka-pi96 said:

They are worth whatever people are willing to pay for them and people still buy them so...

People buy them because they literally can't buy them cheaper. They aren't willing. They are forced. You think the season pass is selling as much as it was at launch. I'll take a wild guess and say that it isn't.

Just the other day a friend of mine ended in a hospital. It seems that he played a PS3 version of TLoU, when 2 burly Japanese guys with Sony jackets broke into his house and started breaking his fingers until he was forced to pay $50 for a remastered version.

He was screaming that he doesn't even own a PS4, but they wouldn't listen. They said that Kaz Hirai personally ordered that all PS3 players must upgrade. Once they all do, they will start forcing XBox and WiiU players to do the same.

If by chance you never purchased PS3 season pass, they shoot your pet.

The only way anybody can escape punishment is to constantly whine on the internet forums over any game they never even considered buying in the first place.

Ka-pi96 said:
overman1 said:
Ka-pi96 said:
overman1 said:

and how many times has a Halo remastered being produced?

isnt this the 3rd, fourth time?

No, Halo CE has only been remastered once. No other Halo game has until now.

Actually this is the Second time...In 2011 there was a Halo Anniversary and it is ported again for the X1 in the Collection edition...

That was kind of covered by the until now though. Besides 2nd =/= 3rd or 4th.

fine...all I am saying is that right from the initial annoucement of this project, Sony has already stated one major demography this remaster was directed towards: the new Sony PS brand owners and those like me who never got to own the game on the last console. If you have played the game and still think the game itself and the price is worth it, if you never ever play Last of us and you want to know if it is a good game, definitely buy because it is worth it. If you bought the game and the DLCs and have absolutely no interest in the game a second time on a different console, dont buy it. Gamers vote with their wallets, they have done this for decades now and will continue to do so. The Last of Us is on the top five of the Pre-orders list so there is defintely a market for it. Never have i seen a remaster so critisized in my life. it is like this is some Orwellian corporatist reality where people are forced, at gunpoint, to buy what they do not desire.

Ka-pi96 said:

This goes both ways. If people didn't buy it then they would force the price to be lowered. So by buying it they are accepting that it is worth it.

No it doesn't. There the console digital space it litered with overpriced digital products. You really think that W101 is worth $30 like it is on the eshop? Amazon sure doesn't. Assasin's Creed 4 is still worth $40? Not according to Amazon. People obviously aren't buying it, yet the prices don't match the value.

spemanig said:
overman1 said:

I have an idea...if you dont fancy the price or the game...wait for it...dont buy it? (gasps)

Who ever said I was buying it? I've said numerous times in this thread that anyone buying this game can buy it to their hearts content. No one's judging them. That doesn't make it any less of a blatant rip off.

Dude you are the one who keeps coming back here to state the same thing over and over again. This isnt even the first thread dedicated to this issue, the other one has over 500+ pages....seriously? and you were very prominent there as well. 

Let people enjoy what ever it is they want, it wont kill you...geez. before i joined this conservation, i have the same 5-6 people saying the same things over and overy and over again. after a while it gets tiresome. 

Around the Network
Burek said:

Just the other day a friend of mine ended in a hospital. It seems that he played a PS3 version of TLoU, when 2 burly Japanese guys with Sony jackets broke into his house and started breaking his fingers until he was forced to pay $50 for a remastered version.

He was screaming that he doesn't even own a PS4, but they wouldn't listen. They said that Kaz Hirai personally ordered that all PS3 players must upgrade. Once they all do, they will start forcing XBox and WiiU players to do the same.

The only way anybody can escape punishment is to constantly whine on the internet forums over any game they never even considered buying in the first place.

Cute sarcasm. I said that they're forced to pay $20, and no less, for it, not forced to buy it at all. It's completely irrelivent to the discussion since no one said anything to imply what you were getting at with it, but still, cute sarcasm.

spemanig said:
Burek said:

Cute sarcasm. I said that they're forced to pay $20, and no less, for it, not forced to buy it at all. It's completely irrelivent to the discussion since no one said anything to imply what you were getting at with it, but still, cute sarcasm.

it seems you want this game very much, I understand it is an amazing game however you could either buy it now or wait for the price to drop in about six months.....problem solved. 

Burek said:

Just comes to show how ridiculous spemanig is behaving... Seriously, there's a distinct difference between having 2 options (aka. buy or don't buy) and being forced to buy something.

New just in from Sony!!! They just announced that you are not forced to buy TLOU:R if you have already bought TLOU!! They said that you only have to buy it if you want to!! Yay!

darkshadow23 said:
New just in from Sony!!! They just announced that you are not forced to buy TLOU:R if you have already bought TLOU!! They said that you only have to buy it if you want to!! Yay!