By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Sony Worried Nintendo's Plans Could Hurt PS4 Sales?

FentonCrackshell said:
sales2099 said:
Well I can't comment on the article per se but it is evident that PS4 used to be selling 150+ per week but now that X1 has the $399 and WiiU had Mario Kart, WiiU and X1 are in the 60 000's and PS4 dropped below 100 000. So their gains are at PS4's expense.

Ok its spin. Doesn't change PS4's shrinking weekly sales and WiiU/X1 sale increases

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

Someone at Sony stated that 40% of PS4 buyers did NOT own a PS3. They stated they had either a Wii/X360 or skipped 7th generation consoles altogether. This was the reason that doing the PS4 "remasters" made sense. I am sure there is a decent amount of Wii only owners who have decided to purchase a PS4. Reason being.. It is the console with the most BUZZ. That was the same reason they picked up the Wii in its first few years.. it had the most BUZZ and was dominating sales.. now that console is the PS4. So these "follower" buyers are keeping with that same pattern.

Also.. the OP compared console sales numbers. Wii U being at around 6.6.. but the problem is.. that is after being on the market for 1 yr and 7 months.. PS4 and X1 have been on the market for 7 months. So the PS4 is almost 2 million ahead and the X1 is 1.8 million behind. Both are selling better then the Wii U if you look at the first 7 months of sales. With the Wii U not selling in numbers that will stop this trend. The Wii U has averaged 347k/month. The X1 685k/month and the PS4 is at a whopping 1.2 million/month. Just an FYI. The Wii U only sold 3.91 million units from launch until Sept 2013. That was only an average of 372k the first 10.5 months. So even the X1 is selling about 200k MORE a month the first several months in. So again. The Wii U is not ahead in any sort of way compared to either console... except in months since release.

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

In conclusion, Sony is clearly getting rattled by Nintendo's big gains -- otherwise, it wouldn't need to try to "welcome back" gamers who were never theirs to begin with.

The PS1 and PS2 had a large crowd of casual gamers. These were the ppl who bought PS just to play the next GT,madden or wrestling game. The notion that that these 2 Sony systems were 100% core is retarded.

sales2099 said:
FentonCrackshell said:
sales2099 said:
Well I can't comment on the article per se but it is evident that PS4 used to be selling 150+ per week but now that X1 has the $399 and WiiU had Mario Kart, WiiU and X1 are in the 60 000's and PS4 dropped below 100 000. So their gains are at PS4's expense.

Ok its spin. Doesn't change PS4's shrinking weekly sales and WiiU/X1 sale increases

Here's my spin. PS4 is having nothing come out right now that draws people to the console and it's still nearly doubling the competition. Even in countries in which it's not released yet it's still the more popular console. X1 has had roughly 3 "system sellers" and a price drop and it's still not close to PS4. WiiU released a popular Mario game and is still far behing PS4. How's that for spin?

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

FentonCrackshell said:
sales2099 said:

Here's my spin. PS4 is having nothing come out right now that draws people to the console and it's still nearly doubling the competition. Even in countries in which it's not released yet it's still the more popular console. X1 has had roughly 3 "system sellers" and a price drop and it's still not close to PS4. WiiU released a popular Mario game and is still far behing PS4. How's that for spin?

Ok so PS4 sells because of brand name and consumer perception. Have a cookie on me. X1 doesn't have any summer blockbusters either. X1 and WiiU still making gains at PS4's expense. Don't be so sensitive about it.....PS4 is still winning.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

I guess not, but microsoft has many reasons to fear Nintendo nowadays.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

sales2099 said:
FentonCrackshell said:
sales2099 said:

Ok so PS4 sells because of brand name and consumer perception. Have a cookie on me. X1 doesn't have any summer blockbusters either. X1 and WiiU still making gains at PS4's expense. Don't be so sensitive about it.....PS4 is still winning.

No sensitivity really. You've made your point and I've made mine. Simple debate is all. You're correct in your rebuttal.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

BraLoD said:

I'm talking abou the current market and gen, that Nintendo have no chance of becoming a harm to Sony, and that's a fact.

I don't know how you know this is fact, unless you're from the future, but okay.

Is Sony worried about it's competitors challenging it?  Of course, doesn't any company?

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

BraLoD said:
IkePoR said:
BraLoD said:

I'm talking abou the current market and gen, that Nintendo have no chance of becoming a harm to Sony, and that's a fact.

I don't know how you know this is fact, unless you're from the future, but okay.

Is Sony worried about it's competitors challenging it?  Of course, doesn't any company?

Sony beating Nintendo every week, and already leading by 2M with 1year less are facts aren't they? They are the best we can rely at this time.
They are aware of the competition of course and I said that, but Nintendo means no worries to Sony by now and don't show signs of doing so too.

The PS3 didn't pose a threat to Microsoft last gen, yet it caught up to - and by VGC numbers, surpassed - the 360 by the end of the gen.  I won't make that same case for Wii U, I'm just saying, you can't predict this market.  No one can.  To say they have "no chance" and check mark it as fact is... wrong.  It's an opinion until it's proven.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

like cartoon, or anime, toy has the false image of being just for Kid.(Even if in fact its not true)

, The 70 to 80% of the mass think so. We are talking about General public.

Adding asset like toy to carry data around for console is kind of cool. But dont believe anyone will be mesmerised like the Wii Affect.

They are Toy, An the general adult think Toy Is for Kid. (this is from someone who collect toy)

doing so wont help but only secure the Nintendo Brand As Kid Console.

: