By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MS's Harvey Eagle: Doesn't personally see graphical differences, says resolution differences a 'perception challenge'

He's absolutely right. The only evidence one needs is Killzone 6. Its aall about dat 1080p60 perception. Reality doesnt matter.

Around the Network

So he says there is basically no difference, then that he can't see, then challenge people to notice the difference and end by saying they ship with as great pixel count and framerate as possible... something doesn't seem to feet, and several people can notice a "slight" difference from 720 to 1080p.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

"If you put third-party games side-by-side that are running at slightly different resolutions or frame rates, then unless you are using a screen that's more than 60 inches big, I defy you to really see the difference. I personally struggle to see the difference."

of course he doesnt. because he is biased as fuck.

You can try as hard as you want it's all about draw distance... If you are far enough you won't see the difference that's a physics fact...

and most people outside of the hardcore crowd... Don't care, don't see or better yet don't have the TV quality to see it... So yeah to tue mass market which is where the money is... It's rather irrelevant.... If the mainstream like the games or whatnot it will sell... Wii last Gen is proof enough....

It's a reality difference, PS4 is more powerful than Xb one. Which creates the perception that you're buying a better gaming machine for the same price when you opt for PS4.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Agreed. I don't notice the difference either.

LOL, people actually believe this? You can see the diffewrence even in small screens. If there wsas no difference why is MS and all companies always trying to push better resolutions?  It is sad MS said this, even sadder peopel are believing it because it goes with there console of choice.

Landguy said:
So there it is. IF you load the games up on 60 inch TVs right next to each other, there is a difference.

Not sure how that really matters in a more practical gaming environment....

It is not there this is PR speak from a company who is trying to spin, do you believe everything PR folks say?  If there is no diff why is MS pushing to keep improving the resolution, and why can many see the difference on there 1phone screens? Articles like this insult peoples intelligence.

Dark_Feanor said:
IGN couldn´t tell COD:Ghosts campain prepatch was running at 720p.

That and MGS-GZ were the only games with the massive resolution delta and still people had hard time figuring which was which, even when you know where to look at (jagged lines at the back ground).

As I said before, the resolution gate is closing, the "Ambient Oclusion" and "Screen Thear" are the new bullet point for console warriors, just wait for Destiny and COD:AW.

As many games now run on lower res on x1 as they did at launch, and then there is the fact that like other games X1 will have worse shadows, Ambient occlusion will be missing, worse performance, etc.. Resolution is only 1 aspect. ps4 does it easier without concessions..fact./

LudicrousSpeed said:
He's absolutely right. The only evidence one needs is Killzone 6. Its aall about dat 1080p60 perception. Reality doesnt matter.

He is wrong about everything, the fact some are grabbing opn to his words is sad...Anyone with eyes and slight knowledge knows the difference is easily seen. Why is MS always trying to push the res, improve it if there is no difference, wouldn't that be a big waste of resources? MS is spinning as usual.

So he is saying there is no difference between 1080p and 720p less than 60" TV? Lol. He needs to check his eyes again.