By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Officially Hits 9 Million

Sony has sold 9 million PlayStation 4 consoles while Microsoft’s Xbox One is at 5 million consoles sold worldwide, according to a recent Edge magazine interview with Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) Corporate Vice President Phil Harrison.

Back in April, Sony (NYSE:SNE) had moved 7 million PS4 units and the Xbox One was at 5 million units shipped to retail stores like Best Buy and GameStop.

Both consoles launched last November, with the PS4 reaching buyers one week earlier than the Xbox One on Nov. 15.

More here!

http://www.ibtimes.com/ps4-vs-xbox-one-ps4-9-million-sold-microsoft-responds-sonys-success-1622396

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
Around the Network

Shipped?

There was already discussion about this article, and 9 million is in no way official, unless Phil Harrison returned back to work for Sony.

I like Phil Spencer just as much as anyone, but does he count as a source for PS4 sales? Xbox sales, sure, but PS4 sales?

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

I doubt VGChartz is 700k off

Current consoles: Wii U, Gaming PC

Add me on Wii U! Adamjh99

Add me on Steam! GamingByAdam

Around the Network

I don't see how this is official

Burek said:
There was already discussion about this article, and 9 million is in no way official, unless Phil Harrison returned back to work for Sony.

Lol

What is our guess at current PS4 sales? I feel like PS4 has been at 8.3 for months

Xxain said:
What is our guess at current PS4 sales? I feel like PS4 has been at 8.3 for months

I think VGChartz 8.2 million is off. It was 7 million at the beginning of April I believe and then 7.4-7.6 by mid-april according to Thuway so 8.2 is far off I think.

Though it's not official, it's very unlikely Microsoft would be gladly rounding up the numbers for Sony so they look good, both companies would know a fair amount of each other status.