By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - My perspective of the four fanboys of videogaming.

Agreed on all fronts having personally been a fanboy in each camp..

You forgot the "BTW did I mention tablets and smartphones are crushing everything in the gaming industry" mobile fan. Generally calm, quiet, but can be unbelievably, yet subtly, smug.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network
arcelonious said:
I personally don't see much difference between the fanboys (i.e., the most extreme fans) within each fanbase. Whether it's the over-excited, over-hyping fan, the quick-to-anger, defensive fan, the snarky, passive-aggressive fan, the conspiracy theory fan, the elitist, or so on, each fanbase has more than its share of variety in fanatics.

Unfortunately due to bias, we all tend to see what we want to see in others, and ignore what we don't want to see in our own preferred groups.

This

What I got out of this OP:

"Fans of things like things they're fans of".

Well................yup.

NintendoPie said:
"When Nintendo announces a new character on a video game, it's almost as big as Nintendo announcing a game..."

I hate this. And I blame it all on the Super Smash Bros. super fans. It's your fault Nintendo thinks this is a good idea.

Well it's different because you don't completely no what to expect from the next Smash Bros, thus creating a bit of hype and curiosity. I mean, no one can hype up Master Chief being in Halo 5 or Nathan Drake included in Uncharted 4.

As a fanboy of fangirls I agree with the op.

Around the Network
Marks said:
Nintendo fans bother me because they are blind (or just don't care) to the fact their company hasn't developed a new IP with an 80+ metascore in the past 11 years. The last two games that fit in this category were Pikmin and Animal Crossing which were 2001-2002. Seriously why don't Nintendo fans demand new games? We all know Mario and Zelda kick ass but wouldn't you like a better catalogue of games to compliment the those series? It really baffles me how they say nothing, and don't jump ship...or just keep a Wii/Wii U as a back up system for when a new Mario comes out.

Nintendo already has a large catalog of IPs that they could use whenever. New IPs are unnecessary when you have such a large amount of already amazing and proven games. Some existing Nintendo IPs haven't even been used in a long time, why not bring those back? (I know the answer, but whatever.)

Marks said:
Nintendo fans bother me because they are blind (or just don't care) to the fact their company hasn't developed a new IP with an 80+ metascore in the past 11 years. The last two games that fit in this category were Pikmin and Animal Crossing which were 2001-2002. Seriously why don't Nintendo fans demand new games? We all know Mario and Zelda kick ass but wouldn't you like a better catalogue of games to compliment the those series? It really baffles me how they say nothing, and don't jump ship...or just keep a Wii/Wii U as a back up system for when a new Mario comes out.

Stop getting bothered by Nintendo fans, then. Happy, non-baffling life for you!

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

pc is of, the rest is about right

I would add to Nintendo since you did one for Sony

"There's the rare super fan that thinks sun doesn't shine out of Nintendo's arse and that not every first party Nintendo title is good and wants 3rd party games on Nintendo systems that are aimed for adults and not shovelware."

RolStoppable said:
Cobretti2 said:
pc is of, the rest is about right

I would add to Nintendo since you did one for Sony

"There's the rare super fan that thinks sun doesn't shine out of Nintendo's arse and that not every first party Nintendo title is good and wants 3rd party games on Nintendo systems that are aimed for adults and not shovelware."

That type is really annoying. Basically the Nintendo version of the close-minded gamer that treats an M-rating as a term of approval.

its not so much about the rating, but the genres and the dumbing down of games. i.e. EA Sports games on Wii beocme cartoony bullshit and had insulting covers intead of just respecting adult gamers. 

I dont understand why the negative fans of another system wont just stay out of the threads of consoles they dont even have. I dont have any Sony systems. I dont go in any Sony threads.
The ultra negative fans are spotted a mile away. It gets hard to avoid the ignorant. Its like they are constantly trying to get every sell for their system of choice like they get a slice of the pie.