By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony struggling to keep up with Vita demand?

Wtf! Is what I first thought when I saw the Forbes article, but there it was in black and white. As a Vita owner I think it's awesome if true, but a part of me thinks it's hard to keep up with demand once you've all but halted production. I'm not saying they've halted production, but after this years e3 I wouldn't be surprised if it has been cut back drastically.  I guess time will tell if there's any Life left in the Vita. Here's a link to the article for further reading.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2014/07/03/sony-struggling-to-keep-up-with-playstation-vita-demand/?partner=yahootix

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto

Around the Network

All i see this as is Spin
basically, "we scaled back the vita shipments because sales were crappy, and the release of a few decent games has exhausted the units we shipped"

PR spin at it's best.

Sony has stoped supporting the system and now is trying to prematurely kill its sales.

Can't keep up with that zero demand :P

think-man said:
Can't keep up with that zero demand :P

"Oh shit, a guy wants a Vita. How did we make one of those again?"

Around the Network

i suspect PlayStationTV kill all the Vita that have been shipped... 

They aren't struggling. They just didn't expect an increase in demand so they aren't producing them.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54