By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales 6/23/14 – 6/29/14

Big Vita boost for Freedom Wars and Girls and Panzer(?) !
Can't wait to see what Youkai 2 will do.

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
zippy said:
Wow what a juicy thread, if there is so much excitement at Wii U doing 10k, then people will be having a fit when Hyrule Warriors releases :)

15k-ville, here we come! Choo-choo!!!

Let the meltdowns commence (btw i think 20k).

This thread racked up posts fast...

Watch Dogs was never going to be as good as everywhere else so that will start to go down. Freedom Wars and Vita sales won't stay up that long either because Yokai Watch 2 is coming next week and it's possibly one of their biggest launchs. They did a shop dedicated to Yokai Watch and had to shut down the shop hours early because they ran pout of merchandise so yeah I expect that to be number 1 next week and 3DS sales go up. Vita will just go down every week because nothing else out that's big. Nintendo are still doing a great job with having so many games still in the charts even though they have been out nearly a year.

Clyde32 said:
This thread racked up posts fast...

I know right, keep em coming. More points for me, MWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Around the Network

Good FW for FW, nice boost for Vita.

outlawauron said:
Very good FW for Freedom Wars. HW boost is exactly what I expected (2x previous week), but I still think it should have done more.

Stark competition from MH's upcoming launch and already established base. A lot of people aren't going to go out an buy a PSVita given said fact with the MH series becoming 3DS exclusive, and already much more established.

It did well, though, which is good... but I don't see Sony doing much more with it.

Vena said:
outlawauron said:
Very good FW for Freedom Wars. HW boost is exactly what I expected (2x previous week), but I still think it should have done more.

Stark competition from MH's upcoming launch and already established base. A lot of people aren't going to go out an buy a PSVita given said fact with the MH series becoming 3DS exclusive, and already much more established.

It did well, though, which is good... but I don't see Sony doing much more with it.

The previous hunting games on Vita have all done well. I don't see how you can use a great FW as evidence that people aren't interested in the platform. The non-MH hunting games are doing just as well as they've ever done.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Vena said:
outlawauron said:

The previous hunting games on Vita have all done well. I don't see how you can use a great FW as evidence that people aren't interested in the platform. The non-MH hunting games are doing just as well as they've ever done.

??? I didn't mean to suggest people aren't interested in the platform. Obviously they are, otherwise no one would have bought it. I meant that Freedom Wars has a lot of competition on the horizon which may explain why the sales for the Vita weren't as high as some expected.

Nothing at all to do with the Vita in general, just a mild observation of the current sales and why they may be as they are even in lieue of Freedom Wars' good openning.

Vena said:
outlawauron said:
Vena said:
outlawauron said:

??? I didn't mean to suggest people aren't interested in the platform. Obviously they are, otherwise no one would have bought it. I meant that Freedom Wars has a lot of competition on the horizon which may explain why the sales for the Vita weren't as high as some expected.

Nothing at all to do with the Vita in general, just a mild observation of the current sales and why they may be as they are even in lieue of Freedom Wars' good openning.

I would argue that the hardcore hunting game fans have likely picked up a 3DS and Vita. Using their 3DS for MH and Vita for the other experiences in between.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.