By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dragon Age: Inquisition lead writer reveals the game’s first gay male companion

WagnerPaiva said:
Conina said:
WagnerPaiva said:
In Dragon Age Origins there was a blonde dude that was all over me too, and a very horny dwarf as well.

That one?

Hasuahsuasuahs, oh man, that was awesome. 

That was really awesome. Dragon Age 2 is exactly like that.

Around the Network

The Fury, Bioware is hardly advertising the game entirely around homosexual characters. It is ONE facet of a complicated story/game. What is so wrong with pointing out that gay characters exist in this game?

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

Hyperion said:
The Fury, Bioware is hardly advertising the game entirely around homosexual characters. It is ONE facet of a complicated story/game. What is so wrong with pointing out that gay characters exist in this game?

I know they are not but it doesn't help because they are acting like it's something special to be pointed out, that needs to be shown. I do not believe that equality comes from this kind of act. Why not just say 'There is a new character in the game, here he is.' Why mention he is gay? Why can't we discover this in game? 

Hmm, pie.

forevercloud3000 said:

there is a need

people complained about how it was done in the last game

LGBT community also would like to know that the options are even there(those who maybe haven't played the first 2) as it could be a selling point for them.

Why complain?

I don't hear no one complaining you can have homosexual relationships in The Witcher. So, doomed if you give the choice, doomed if you don't?

People nowadays jumps at Bioware's throat for everything.

If just a fifteen second sequence of homosexual sex is a selling point for gamers, then I don't know what to think. There's tons of yaoi games out there that would be better for them.

Around the Network
Wright said:
forevercloud3000 said:

there is a need

people complained about how it was done in the last game

LGBT community also would like to know that the options are even there(those who maybe haven't played the first 2) as it could be a selling point for them.

Why complain?

I don't hear no one complaining you can have homosexual relationships in The Witcher. So, doomed if you give the choice, doomed if you don't?

People nowadays jumps at Bioware's throat for everything.

If just a fifteen second sequence of homosexual sex is a selling point for gamers, then I don't know what to think. There's tons of yaoi games out there that would be better for them.

People just like to bitch about everything. It's a choice in-game, you don't like it, don't do it. Some people just can't get that through their skulls.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

looks disgusting

VanceIX said:

People just like to bitch about everything. It's a choice in-game, you don't like it, don't do it. Some people just can't get that through their skulls.

The funny thing is, they're even giving you a choice here. It's not like the game has homosexual pairings locked.

forevercloud3000 said:
Majora said:
I wish the gay character was hot like Kratos or Drake. What dream boats they are especially Kratos.

Gross..... I seriously question your taste. Of all the characters you pick the homocidal lunatic covered in the ashes of his family and wears......mandals(*vomit*)

Bioware can never completely satisfy this croud. Some people reviled the way ANY character could be a love interest in DA2, because the odds of everyone being bisexual is fairly slim.

Now you have people complaining about having sexually exclusive characters.

Whats wrong with either? Honestly when I play my game, I pretend there isn't some parallel universe where I can be anything other than what I am. There is no character creator at the beginning and I don't choose a class. My Hawke IS Hawke. So by that same definition no other playthrough exists within my continuity. When I romance a male character that is the way it was destined to be, there isn't an alter version of them that would still hook up with me if Iwere female.

And people's dormant homophobic issues come to light when I hear people complain that everyone was hitting on them.......... OMG rly? How about DON'T click the heart options and you won't flirt with undesired characters. In no way did any character ever advance on me within the game unless I instigated it. There is ALWAYS an option to get Rivalry/Friendship/Love seperately, its based on how you want to play. People were using this excuse to basically broadcast their objection with the option being available at all.

I enjoy my Relationship building RPGs like Dragon Age, its one of the main reasons I enjoy Persona as well.

Ok so he's not marriage material but he is hot as hell and, well. Yeah. I'll leave it there... ;)

KylieDog said:
Good thing they don't stereotype with character designs..

Lol, this.