By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anyone else tired of the "indie boom"?

Aerys said:
KLXVER said:
Aerys said:
I'm more tired of the " only AAA or nothing " boom

Being "tired about indie boom" would mean being tired about gaming and that means you should find an other hobby

Not really. Being tired of games made by 3 people in a basement, doesnt mean tired of gaming in general. Look at Nintendo. They make AAA, AA and indie like games and theyre made by professional game designers.

So you should be more precise when you say indie games , and not put all indie games in the same bag, there is a lot of good indie games.

And if you are really tired of them, just dont play, i dont see in what way the indie boom can affect you if you ignore them ( and dont tell me " indie games replace true games" because it's false )

And about Vita, i think you know but if you dont :

Dangan Ronpa 1

Ys Celceta

Toukiden

Oreshika 2

Freedom Wars

Dangan Ronpa 2

These games are no " little games/unknow weird japense stuff " , if you didnt know them, fine, if you ignore them on purpose because YOU dont like them, it's as stupid as people who'd say " this console has no games because i dont like these games "

Ive heard of one of those games and I still dont know what its about. Sure I could look into them, but the fact that Ive never even heard of those games are a testament to how little Sony care about the Vita.

Around the Network
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

I do agree, the amount of shit indie games are getting ridicules and early access + kickstarter shit isn't helping either.. I just hope that there is some sort of quality control in the future or else all platforms will be filled with mostly average to shitty games

Most indie games can be summed up as 8 bit platformer or 2d puzzle games

Yeah, hopefully some ingenuous website will set up some kind of ratings system, or allow users to comment on their own experiences with the games.  Maybe even allow user reviews, imagine that!

Sarcasm aside, you realize that's basically placing the responsibility of vetting games for you, in someone elses hands who very likely has a completely different set of standards for gaming, right?

Aerys said:
small44 said:
Aerys said:
KLXVER said:
small44 said:
KLXVER said:
small44 said:I think so but i want you to talk about Vita not Nintendo consoles

Nothing to say about the Vita...Its dead in the west I guess...

For what reason?I think it's because of the lack of AA and AAA games

I think its because of the lack of any games...

I think you say that beacause of your lack of knowledge on Vita library

People are not ignorant as you think

All the " vita has no games " proves me a lot of people are, or it's just bad faith, dont know which one is the worst

Games they don't like they don't consider them games they basicly mean there  no games that they interested in them.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

KLXVER said:
Yeah, I agree 100%. For every brilliant indie game theres 200 shitty ones.

Honestly, that's the beauty of it, I love the experimental natural of indie games. What new idea work and what doesn't.

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Suke said:
KLXVER said:

Honestly, that's the beauty of it, I love the experimental natural of indie games. What new idea work and what doesn't.

Games like Super Mario Galaxy has like 20 new ideas for games, but since its a big Mario game it doesnt count obviously...

Around the Network

I think what people fail to realize is that AAA studios are dying, and they are dying at a rapid rate. There may be a lot of indie games showing up now, but that's because AAA studios aren't making fewer and fewer games. They're also creating fewer and fewer new IPs. I'm afraid in the next few years, AAAs will be a dime a dozen.

QuintonMcLeod said:

I think what people fail to realize is that AAA studios are dying, and they are dying at a rapid rate. There may be a lot of indie games showing up now, but that's because AAA studios aren't making fewer and fewer games. They're also creating fewer and fewer new IPs. I'm afraid in the next few years, AAAs will be a dime a dozen.

It seems that way because studios that make AAA games are relevant, so its news when they go under...

KLXVER said:
Suke said:
KLXVER said:

Games like Super Mario Galaxy has like 20 new ideas for games, but since its a big Mario game it doesnt count obviously...

Of coarse it count, but I'm talking about content from small, new studios.

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Suke said:
KLXVER said:
Suke said:
KLXVER said:

Of coarse it count, but I'm talking about content from small, new studios.

What exactly is brilliant about 200 shitty indie games...?

KLXVER said:
QuintonMcLeod said:

It seems that way because studios that make AAA games are relevant, so its news when they go under...

News? I think not. This has been going on since the last generation. This is no longer news at this point. This is simple inevidentibility.