By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Motorstorm 2 to have 4 player split-screen and have a tropical setting?

"Sony showed a few games off at GDC, but one they didn't "show off" was MotorStorm 2. That one was reserved for the BBC, apparently, as only the Beeb's Darren Waters got a premiere showing of Evolution's upcoming racer. The sequel to 2006's launch favourite is leaving the desert behind, and will instead concentrate on a "lush island environment, full of interactive vegetation". More importantly - for both haters of exotic flora and PS3-owning Mario Kart enthusiasts - the game will feature 4-player split-screen racing, so you and three friends can party like it's 2002."

That's interesting. I thought Motorstorm was fun but lacking in many features that it could have had. I would have loved to play with  friends when they were over, but people were usually too scared about crashing than wanting to play the game, lol. 

Around the Network

Christmas 2008 confirmed, that's an enormous list of interesting games being lined up for the PS3 this year. I can't play them all at once, some difficult choices to make...

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

This is great. Having things like this is what I want from "next" gen games.

Great news!

Split-screen multiplayer is the main thing that was lacking from the first game :D

I liked original but felt it had been rushed as a launch title - what was there was awesome, but the lack of split screen, etc. was obvious.

Sounds like take 2 without the launch window deadline is going to be much better.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

Already posted here: http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=18575

The 4 player split screen is great news.

I hope Evolution also include an option to bring a friend online with you. That would be great.

Edited: Dallinor beat me to it.