By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Will Religion ever be illegal in America?

Atheism will be the new religion in the future, they will join forces with scientologists and conquer the world.

Around the Network

There's a 1000x times bigger chance that atheism will get outlawed than religion ever would in the slightest.* Most atheists (in the US) are vocal keyboard warriors that are no less zealous and extremist than the religous people they use the paint the whole image of a religion they attack. Look ath some ''free thinkers'' in this very thread, hoping to outlaw the freedom of belief and forbid people to believe whatever they want. They truly are an epitome of a very sad irony.

Unfortunetly for them, they have little to no influnce on american soicety. Almost every single president, congres man, senator, and any politician really has a religious affiliation, and even among the general population, religious people outnimber irreligious ones 4 to 1 or higher. The majority of 1% richest people in the country are also mostly Christian. So again, zero chance.

So far, the only thing american atheists can achive are angry reddit and forum posts with some memes with advice animals

*Both scenarios have almost 0 chance of happening tho.

If Obama could stay in power forever, yes and no. Everything except for Muslims would be illegal since he loves Muslims

cannonballZ said:
Atheism will be the new religion in the future, they will join forces with scientologists and conquer the world.

Nah, Satanists already rule the world. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Bajablo said:
Not a chance. US has been a religious country from founding and forward, (since people that migrated were religious outcasts from Europe) so embedded in the country that it is sad.

Yes, we got all the nut jobs from Europe but a decent amount of the founding fathers didn't have a high view on religion (hence seperation of church and state).  There are numerous quotes I can pull up like Benjamin Franklin "Lighthouses are more useful than churches" but I'll leave it at that.  I just wanted to say one more thing.... Fuck the puritans.

Around the Network
cannonballZ said:

Atheism is not a religion, since it quite literally means without God. 

“In fact, "atheism" is a term that should not even exist. No one ever needs to identify himself as a "non-astrologer" or a "non-alchemist." We do not have words for people who doubt that Elvis is still alive or that aliens have traversed the galaxy only to molest ranchers and their cattle. Atheism is nothing more than the noises reasonable people make in the presence of unjustified religious beliefs.” - Sam Harris

Why would it?

Side note I love how atheists can say they wish religion would disappear (or become illegal or whatever), and it isn't considered politically incorrect at all. You're as bad as homophobes if you say that type of shit, you're religionphobes.
If something isn't hurting you, let it go.

mornelithe said:
marioboy2004 said:
When will atheism become illegal?

When the US wants to lose every one of it's brightest thinkers.

You do realize being atheist doesn't automatically make you smart right? And that there are plenty of religious people who are very bright. Hell my sister is very religious and she's a year away from graduating with a phD in science. Personal beliefs don't affect overall intelligence. 

What you said is basically the same as saying if Judaism became illegal we'd lose every good doctor, accountant, and lawyer. But being Jewish doesn't make you innately good at those things. 

Ka-pi96 said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Ka-pi96 said:

That's not really true. Religion itself doesn't have much if any negative impact, the extremists however do. This is evident many times throughout history and is still evident today. It is mostly religious people that oppose things like gay marriage is it not?

Extremists are neither representative nor exclusive to theism. It is a claim of ignorance and generalization to say that mostly religious people oppose gay marraige, because the term religious includes every single belief system on the planet had by a human being.

Blaming the entire religion of a people for the actions of the extremist is the same mentality that leads to genocides.

You blame the extermist's religion because its easy not because its right.

You can't generalize entire peoples because they share a couple of tenets in their belief system, making religion illegal even in organized form is persecution. Freedom of Assembly is also protected in the constitution.

I'm sorry if I was wrong about opposition to gay marriage, but religious groups are the only ones I have seen actively campaigning against it in the media.

I agree that the entire religion shouldn't be blamed for what extermists do, but also no religion = no religious extremists so even though it's not really the religions fault the religion isn't completely innocent in it either.

I don't want to generalise people, I know the vast majority of religious people are a great part of society, however the actions of the very vocal minority are much easier to see than those of the content majority.

Anything could be used in  good or bad way so should we ban everything?

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Dumb flamo topic. Here's a quick answer. Step 1. Read the constitution. Step 2. Repeat step 1.