By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo broke it's negative sales-trend!

NES: 61 million.

SNES: 49 million.

N64: 32 million.

Gamecube: 21.5 million

Wii at 21.6 million after 15 months and climbing (fast)!

---

Great job Nintendo! Breaking the negative trend is a good sign for things to come in the (near) future! And with DS on target to reach 90 million units sold this very year WW LTD this could very well be the start of a new Nintendo era! Keep it coming! 

THE NETHERLANDS

Around the Network

I reckon you just dig deep in the forum and look for old threads and repost it anew, I still love you though.

I'm gonna try and find some news that no-one has posted already! ^^... ...

THE NETHERLANDS

Will is still be climbing fast after it beats the N64?

I think it might slow down, but will continue to climb at a decent rate. Of course with China, and potential price drop.... never mind it will continue to climb fast for awhile yet...

jlauro said:

I think it might slow down, but will continue to climb at a decent rate. Of course with China, and potential price drop.... never mind it will continue to climb fast for awhile yet...

Wii will beat the SNES. I think it'll even beat the NES.

THE NETHERLANDS

Around the Network

LttP... again.

StarcraftManiac said:
jlauro said:

Wii will beat the SNES. I think it'll even beat the NES.

John lucas' expects the wii to outsell the NES by the end of this year.

Its certainly not impossible, but not likely at the rate its currently selling.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

DMeisterJ said:
LttP... again.

I finally found something that no-one heard about yet! http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=18606#end

THE NETHERLANDS

Nintendo has been able to break its negative sales trend by being more innovative than before. It was a huge gamble taken with the Nintendo wii and it has paid off. Nintendo in the last two generations had the console with the best graphics engine but that failed to deliver.
PS and PS2 won their generations comfortably with over 50% market share where the console had the least appealing graphics compared to its competitors.
Nintendo Wii with the console with the least appealing visuals that are on par with PS2, will win this current generation comfortably.

zackblue said:

Its certainly not impossible, but not likely at the rate its currently selling.

??

Isn't the Wii like the fastest selling console ever, or something?