By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Guess the Secret Game (2009 releasae date)

This is the thing. Sony shows ONE guy from ONE news outlet ONE look at a couple of games. Surprisingly (or not), in return for this attention-grabbing exclusive, the 'reporter' in question goes on the praise the unseen, unknown PS3 exclusive.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
starcraft said:
This is the thing. Sony shows ONE guy from ONE news outlet ONE look at a couple of games. Surprisingly (or not), in return for this attention-grabbing exclusive, the 'reporter' in question goes on the praise the unseen, unknown PS3 exclusive.

It reeks of "right place at the right time" to me.  Nothing has been mentioned of Motorstorm 2 yet as well until this article, and he has effectively now told us that it's basic in the Jungle and not the Desert.  I don't see any reason why we shouldn't believe him.

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

starcraft said:
http://kotaku.com/360239/motorstorm-2-will-be-a-four+player-splitscreen-island-getaway

"Sony showed a few games off at GDC, but one they didn't "show off" was MotorStorm 2. That one was reserved for the BBC, apparently, as only the Beeb's Darren Waters got a premiere showing of Evolution's upcoming racer. The sequel to 2006's launch favourite is leaving the desert behind, and will instead concentrate on a "lush island environment, full of interactive vegetation". More importantly - for both haters of exotic flora and PS3-owning Mario Kart enthusiasts - the game will feature 4-player split-screen racing, so you and three friends can party like it's 2002."

Was this all because of the sequel to this boring game?

Starcraft that wasnt needed to be said. Can you stop attacking everything thats not the xbox 360? Seriously man chill out.

(Besides motorstorm was a great game)

On topic:

If its secret, Im guessing the next jak and daxter.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

As much as I want it to be Shadow 2 by Team ICO

I'd have to guess Heavenly Sword 2.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
starcraft said:

This new secret game is bothering starcraft! Ha. It really is! It just down right bothers him. That's classic.

Around the Network
Moneybags said:
starcraft said:

This new secret game is bothering starcraft! Ha. It really is! It just down right bothers him. That's classic.

if Sony can grab StarCraft 2 console exclusive, it'd be a HUGE news for everyone.

if Sony can grab Starcraft 2 EXCLUSIVE (0.00001%), it will be where domination starts. ;) 

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
kingofwale said:
Moneybags said:
starcraft said:

if Sony can grab StarCraft 2 console exclusive, it'd be a HUGE news for everyone.

if Sony can grab Starcraft 2 EXCLUSIVE (0.00001%), it will be where domination starts. ;)

On that we are agreed.  I'd be stuck buying that gimped excuse for a console (40gb) Sony reckons is all PAL gamers need if that happened.

well, Starcraft's hardcore fans will buy a PS3 if that's their only mean to play the game. I have no doubt about it. You will probably sell a million PS3 in Korea alone. ;)

Besides, 40gb > Arcade 360. at least it support Keyboard/mouse. Just imagine if it's 360 exclusive. LOL

selnor
Episode 2:

Oh I agree. The Arcade and the 40gb are both gimped. Here is to Sony bringing back BC, and MS allowing hard-drives to be compulsory and removing the core/arcade.

starcraft said:
Oh I agree. The Arcade and the 40gb are both gimped. Here is to Sony bringing back BC, and MS allowing hard-drives to be compulsory and removing the core/arcade.

And the 360 Premium as well....and any 360 with HDMI support.

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)