By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, when is a RE2 remake coming to Wii?

Lets see RE4 has sold 1.57 million on Wii 1.66 million on gamecube.

That is 3.23 miillion Nintendo owners of the series versus 2.55 million PS2 owners. And at 28,530 copies in week 35 there is a good chance that the Wii version will pass the PS2 this year.

Capcom will be bringing much more RE to the Wii. I expect a remake of one of the classics like RE 2, a sequel to Umbrella Cronicles, and a new game that will sort of be RE 5 but not exactly a port and not entirely seperate either. Those will all hit 1 million. I think RE 6 will be a luanch title for Wii 2.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

Around the Network

Haven’t Capcom already ported Resident Evil 2 to the gamecube why should they ported to the wii?

"I think RE 6 will be a luanch title for Wii 2"

@dschumm:^ This is a baseless assumption and highly unlikely. RE 6 will probably be ps360. Even if it was for Wii2 why think that it would just happen to be a launch title?

ctk495 said:
Haven’t Capcom already ported Resident Evil 2 to the gamecube why should they ported to the wii?

The thread is about a REMAKE, not another port.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Nah, no RE2 remake for Wii... It's already practically available for Wii in the form of the Gamecube version. I wouldn't bother if i were Capcom!

They could make a game that continues where RE4 ended with another main story but somehow connected to RE4... The ending of RE4 was semi-open. So, that could be a possibility seeing that RE5 seems to be unplugged of the main RE story-line (I don't know this for sure, only the game seems totally different from the older versions). 

THE NETHERLANDS

Around the Network
stof said:
Well it's pretty obvious that there will be an umbrella chronicles sequel that covers 2, 4 and 5.

So that's the first way Wii owners will experience RE 2

I've been saying that for a couple months. Umbrella Chronicles covers RE0, RE1, and RE3. The "Chris Redfield, Jill Valentine and Rebecca Chambers Saga." A hopefully more highly polished sequel would follow the Leon Kennedy, Claire Redfield Sagas" through RE2, Code Veronica, and RE4.   I don't think RE5 will have a section in Umbrella Chronicles 2.  There may be some small side-missions, but there's plenty of room in an Umbrella Chronicles 2 to further explore the plagas and the supposed Chicago-based Umbrella facility.  Although, I don't really want to see yet another Umbrella facility "that's overrun with monsters and on the brink of destruction."  Something like an outbreak in Chicago would be nice, also, they could use a second Umbrella Chronicles to tie RE4, Umbrella, Wesker, and the Plagas together at last.

I think Wii will eventually get a sidestory game (like Code Veronica was) while within 6 months of the N6 release will will see a Resident Evil 5: N6 edition