By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Here Nintendo chances!

If shareholders decide to open Capcom, and vote to end the company’s takeover defence, then Capcom could be taken over by a company that decides to purchase large amounts of its stock. Nintendo fans have been clamouring for the company to buy out Capcom so now’s Nintendo’s chance, if they decide to do so.

Around the Network

The mysterious 100 million acquisition is capcom? Believe!

Reality, Nintendo will likely get part ownership of monster hunter

This is also an opportunity for Sony to get back in the handheld game.

But Nintendo would win Japan if they did this, and they sort of need MH at this point.

No matter who ends up with it, if one of the big three does I will get their console, even though I have decided to go one console only this gen.

Nintendo could do it.
They don`t have to buy the whole company, just the majority of it. Thus saving money and basically deciding what gets done with the companies IPs.

Nintendo really should purchase Capcom!!!

Around the Network

Nintendo already has Monolith Soft. IMAGINE NOW, MONOLITH SOFT AND CAPCOM!!!
Nintendo, please...

How many of these threads do we need?

IsawYoshi said:
This is also an opportunity for Sony to get back in the handheld game.

But Nintendo would win Japan if they did this, and they sort of need MH at this point.

No matter who ends up with it, if one of the big three does I will get their console, even though I have decided to go one console only this gen.

Sony won't buy Capcom. They aren't in the financial position to make that kind of financial investment into something that makes up only a fraction of their over all business, no matter how big that fraction is.

Nintendo actually could realistically buy Capcom legally now. They tried to buy Namco years back, but the Japanese government turned it down out of fear of a monopoly. This was during the Wii era. That's how they ended up with Monolith Soft. Since there's no fear of a Monopoly anymore with Nintendo's current position, Nintendo could try it again and actually succeed. And with their recent attitude, it's more likely than ever before. The Capcom Five would be a huge homerun for Nintendo, and the start of an investment strategy that could get the ball rolling. Mega Man, Street Fighter, Monster Hunter, Resident Evil, and Devil May Cry.

But yeah, this thread is redundant.

its a dream one could only hope for. the bottom line is capcom and nintendo NEED EACH OTHER! and then we could finally get a Nintendo vs Capcom

BasilZero said:
I hope not - dont want to see Capcom's IPs being placed on a backburner.

How would that change anything?

Falcon already do that ;)

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.